Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Post your dynos

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tomola is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
where did you find the cam gear? The stupid aem one is still backorder, and I thought skunk2 didn't make one for us.
Well I actually did purchase the AEM 5 bolt one, and the bloody seller emails me and says he doesn't have any left? Do I want the Skunk2 insted? I was like WTF??? Of course I want the Skunk2 one!!!!!!

It's been sent should have it early next week.
The Skunk2 looks some much better + 6 bolts.
Old 05-25-2005
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Civic_RedLine
you better!!!
you got one of the baddest rides on here.
It really doesnt look like much now. You will get to see it soon enough. It just looks like a bare shell. Most of the interior is torn apart from me looking for research for school and software. The motor is out waiting on bearings, the tranny is sitting on the floor in front of the car. My clutch/pressure plate/flywheel is sitting in a display at my friends shop on why you should buy an ACT clutch instead of a Centerforce (my flywheel has more heat checks on it than anything else i have ever seen)

But, soon enough it will be back together. My plan is to keep up with (or possibly beat) my friend jeff and his celica. He is shooting for 10.90. So my goal is 10.89.
Old 05-26-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I checked skunk2.com and they have a star next to 2001 civic cam gear and TBD for price. So I'm guessing its not out yet.
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

I checked skunk2.com and they have a star next to 2001 civic cam gear and TBD for price. So I'm guessing its not out yet.
Yeah I notised that yesterday! Thats why when they offered me the Skunk2 - I was surprised? But maybe this distributor was the first on the list and has the greatest buying power. Will see - i'll keep ya posted.
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

CIVIC808 is an unknown quantity at this point
sf kit on 15 psi.c16 fuel
236hp/238tq

Last edited by CIVIC808; 05-26-2005 at 03:18 AM.
Old 05-26-2005
Registered!!

dahm 15psi
Old 05-28-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CIVIC808
sf kit on 15 psi.c16 fuel
236hp/238tq

is that for your 7gc? if so, you ever brought it to the track? im curious to know 1/4 mile and 0-60 times with that much whp
Old 05-28-2005
Registered!!

CIVIC808 is an unknown quantity at this point
im going tonight.ill post up the times later.hopefully i dont break anything going down the track.
Old 05-28-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by JoeyOKC
2.25" pipe from cat back with Flowtech Warlock muffler
EBAY SRI with huge K&N conical filter

113.5hp and 107.3ft/lbs

best time of 16.52@82 due to stock clutch
I call BS on those numbers. Other people have 10x as many mods as this and still have under 105 HP.
Old 05-28-2005
Registered!!

1320Racing is an unknown quantity at this point
delete
Old 05-28-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^forgot I was logged in as my friend

Made 111.3 hp and 105.1 TQ today.

Didn't see this thread so I made another post here.
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=213987
check for details. I will be posting up better graphs soon.
Old 05-28-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
well i do not have the dyno sheet from the place that took my turbo off and dynod my car with: header, megan racing DP, 2 1/2 mandrel bent pipe apexi N1, aem pulleys, cam gear, and CAI.

I put down 122HP i do not rememeber my TQ. I have a few clips of me driving and a clip of how my exhuast sounds! I have to find the connection for the camera so i can load them onto the computer.
Old 05-28-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
damn this is an old thread ... oh well.

anyway, has there ever been any n/a d17's to break 120 whp on a dyno other than dynapak?
Old 05-28-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Dam i really wish i had the dyno sheet for this. i went to pruven preformance.

Why would it be not possible?
Old 05-28-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yea someone got 138whp na with raceworks pnp, 5-angle valve job, fipk intake, race header, exhaust, cam gear, vafcII tuned.
Old 05-28-2005
Registered!!

nice! i was thinking of buying a crank pulley. give it a lil more. car is boring without the turbo kit. but o well try and get this thing to its full potenial all motor style.

crank pulley
bored TB
stage 2 cam from crower
pnp

should give me something nice then. justhad a thought of pistons. get some high compression going. wonder what that would give ya?
Old 05-28-2005
Premium Member

do not get a crank pulley. causes all kinds of problems.
Old 05-28-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
I will not dyno till absolutly needed. When I get myself a turbo and need tuning... But I also may dyno when I get a cam also.
Old 05-29-2005
Registered!!

do not get a crank pulley. causes all kinds of problems.
thats what everyone says. i know poeple who have them on DSM's and there car is fine.
Old 05-29-2005
Crawlin Similar To An Ant Low To Da Earth

Nokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura about
I have had the Unorthodox racing SS set on for about a year now with no problems....just my experience take how you want.
Old 05-29-2005
Registered!!

clrumivier4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by streetglower
I call BS on those numbers. Other people have 10x as many mods as this and still have under 105 HP.
Manuals have a good 10 horse power over the Autos.
Old 05-29-2005

I still dynoed more than this EX with I/H/E.
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0203ht_nx/

I guess that's pretty good considering I started with 10whp less.
Old 06-02-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by exturbo6
nice! i was thinking of buying a crank pulley. give it a lil more. car is boring without the turbo kit. but o well try and get this thing to its full potenial all motor style.

should give me something nice then. justhad a thought of pistons. get some high compression going. wonder what that would give ya?
anyone know, how uped compression will effect fuel consumption? -Negative +Positive or neutral? NA of course
Old 06-02-2005
Premium Member

i have slightly higher compression (guessing 160-180 psi instead of stock 130??). I guess if you use a bit higher octane like 89, it would stay the same. All I know is I've gotten my record gas mileage after the head swap. 38mpg all highway at 65mph cruise. Its never been that hi, maybe 30-34 max before. In the city however, I once got 15mpg with hard driving, but usually 20-22. But that was already like that before.
Old 06-02-2005
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
this is old, but my mods at the time dc header, ported head, random tech hi flow cat, aem cai, running very rich and not knowing it on the dyno (exhaust leak).

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-03-2005
Registered!!

very nice!!!
Old 06-03-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
agreed .. impressive. dj: what mods have you changed since then?
Old 06-03-2005
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
much better now with fuel tuning, cam gear tuning, tb heater bypass HP race header w/ no cat, aem pullies, and a k&n fipk2 instead of the aem. . It pulls and extra 5mph+ avg trap speeds na. compared to before. After I get my bored out throttle body next week I wil tune the fuel agian and maybe dyno before adding a stage 2 cam springs and ret. and dynoing once more. depends on time and money. I am hoping for at least 135 whp before the cam. sorry for the punctuation too many
Old 06-04-2005

Damn I would love to be making 135 NA. Good luck and post that dyno when you get it. I'll probally dyno again in a few weeks as weel. Hope to make around 150 this time.

Last edited by Redline04; 06-04-2005 at 03:02 AM.
Old 06-04-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Is it civic dynos only?
I had the vette dynoed

before and after the exhaust was put on enjoy