Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

No Name Exhaust off Ebay??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carter is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation No Name Exhaust off Ebay??

How good would a cat back exahust be from ebay one that runs you for about 160 bucks?... Its shore not thoess loud rattlers going for about 3-400 but is there any real big difference between no name and brand name?

I can tell brand name is obviouslly stacked about 200bucks because of branding but.. For a person who just wants to be able to see the exhaust tip and wont mind going cheap aslong as it isnt complete and utter shi..

Any suggestions?

Looking for exhaust catback that isnt LOUD!... i hate that loud rattle i have Subs and an intake for the good sound i dont mind it being a LITTLE mean but no muscle car type noises please.

THANKS!
Old 01-28-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: No Name Exhaust off Ebay??

Peep the exhaust FAQ in my sig and scroll down a bit to one fo the first guys asking if a ebay exhaust was good.

Sounds like you dont care about performance and just wanna little rear bling and a deeper note?
Old 01-28-2008
Registered!!

you gota pay alot more for performance but shitty stuff off ebay still has some kick ?
Old 01-28-2008
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

there's a guy selling an HKS axle back in the F/S section.. it's an AWESOME exhaust that's real quiet and niceeee I think he's selling it for around 150 too.
Old 01-28-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

you always get what you pay for with ebay crap, theres a reason usually why they sell crap for so cheap. And my guess is that the ebay one will sound super ricey and loud, your going to be alot better off buying a second hand brand name one off a member from this site
Old 01-28-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

why are so insistant on buying ebay brands? first you wanted ebay coils now this. No personal attack but the only thing I would buy no-name is an intake off ebay. But personally I would not buy ebay springs or exhaust, since if the exhaust fell off going down the road, your gunna drag it and run over it and die a fiery death. Certain things you shouldnt skimp on.
Old 01-28-2008
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about

Would you buy shoes from Payless or Foot Locker?

You need to be willing to pay if you really want to play.
Car customizing is a very expensive hobby and you need to be careful where you cut corners.
Old 01-28-2008
Registered!!

civicarina will become famous soon enoughcivicarina will become famous soon enough

Ok, Unfortunately for our cars Exhausts do not give any significant increase in power, no matter u get a $200 Ebay Exhaust or a $700 Brand Name one. So if u see it like this, its all about how u want your car to sound like. I would say, if ur willing to take a chance and dont mind risking $160, go for it dude. theres no harm in giving it a try ! I have mostly had good experience on Ebay and its all about how careful you are while shopping. Peace !
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by civicarina
Ok, Unfortunately for our cars Exhausts do not give any significant increase in power, no matter u get a $200 Ebay Exhaust or a $700 Brand Name one. So if u see it like this, its all about how u want your car to sound like. I would say, if ur willing to take a chance and dont mind risking $160, go for it dude. theres no harm in giving it a try ! I have mostly had good experience on Ebay and its all about how careful you are while shopping. Peace !
i agree with you completely... i am an exhaust ***** and i can tell you that all the exhaust ive had there is no significant power gain; our d17's are not reponsive to bolt ons. yes you will lose a little back pressure and gain a little high end. ive had an ebay exhaust, magnaflow, apexi n1, and now i have a tanabe hyper medallion. i suggest buying a brand name universal muffler and just get custom piping done. plus all ebay exhaust are obnoxiously loud
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

civicarina will become famous soon enoughcivicarina will become famous soon enough

^ There you go ! Now that an experienced member has told u about ebay exhausts, u can write that down on ur NEVER TO BUY FROM EBAY list

btw where can one buy just brandname mufflers from ? and how much do they cost"?
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

rick1574 will become famous soon enough

why not get an ebay exhaust and use and name brand axle back?
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rick1574
why not get an ebay exhaust and use and name brand axle back?
thats still a lot of money
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

ebay exhaust- $180
hks axle back used- $180 tops

hks cat back from dezod- $500+
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by rick1574
ebay exhaust- $180
hks axle back used- $180 tops

hks cat back from dezod- $500+
for one thing not everyone wants to buy a used hks axle back, on top of that hks does not make a full catback for our cars, only an axle back... someone correct me if im wrong
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

the noise issue has more to do with the muffler than the piping
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mrtrinh
for one thing not everyone wants to buy a used hks axle back, on top of that hks does not make a full catback for our cars, only an axle back... someone correct me if im wrong
with that price quote, its wasn't for a 7th gen, your right, they haven't released a full cat back. i think that was for a 92-95 when i looked it up.

and why not buy a used axle back? i don't see why not...
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

nothing wrong with a used exhaust im just saying its preference for some people... i also have a used exhaust

Last edited by mrtrinh; 01-29-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2008
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

i had a custom 2.5" exhaust with the magnaflow, no cat and i saw some sufficient gains lol but loud as hell.

Selling the magnaflow now in the f/s section for 70 shipped

i guess what everyone is getting to is that on ebay, it may not be stainless it could be aluminized or cheaper so you exhaust piping could out live your ebay muffler.
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

^ didnt i sell you my magnaflow muffler?
Old 01-29-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by civicarina
the noise issue has more to do with the muffler than the piping

Not as much as you might think. Wall thickness is going to play a much larger part than you all are thinking about. That's part of the brand-name vs. eBay debate, the quality of the source materials.
Old 01-29-2008
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mrtrinh
^ didnt i sell you my magnaflow muffler?

if you did it woulda been in may 2006 was it you? actually does sound like the person i bought it from lol
Old 02-20-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to clarify, buying off of Ebay is OK! As long as you buy the name brand stuff.

To be honest with you, I buy the parts that I know are good. If you have to ask the question "Is this good" Then chances are it's not. When I flip through a magazine I'm always looking at cars that have the good parts on them. You don't see Honda Tuning doing an article about an EM2 that has an "Power-muff" exhaust system. I personally have learned this the hard way, if you buy a part that is cheap or you don't know the quality...then you're going to pay more later for something better. It's cheaper to by a more expensive higher quality part! The aftermarket industry is a pretty small cross section of the automotive industry. There's still a large gap between the good stuff and the rest of the stuff. That's the way I'd like to see it stay.
Old 02-20-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

That the way it is throughout everything you buy on eBay, not just car parts. Pretty much every electronic part I've bought off eBay for cheap has worked not very well or not at all.

You get what you pay for, I don't know how to emphasize that any more.
Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

Thanks for the help guys, well how long does a stainless steel muffler last you? Because i wouldnt mind getting the stock piping changed when it needs to but i just want an muffler somthing not LOUD just gives you that nice tone.

I only bought the intake and hid kit(brand name) from ebay.
Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

d17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of light

i guess you can say i got VERY VERY LUCKY on this one... at around the same time my friend bought from another guy who sold the exhaust that mimics the apexi n1 and it sounded like rice and like ****..i bought an exhaust off ebay without having any prior knowledge on it.. it sounds very clean.. it definately DOES NOT sound like most other civics.. i would definately buy it again.. no rust, no problems..nothing... the only thing was it kept getting loose so i ended up putting lock washers... ive had it now for over a year. but here is the link..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HIMOT...spagenameZWDVW

and please no 1 get mad cuz i was a cheap ***...lol they actually dropped the price even more since i bought it. if you need pics of how it looks on my car let me kno... it says its 2" piping but mine is 2.25" unless they changed it.
Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by d17civickid
i guess you can say i got VERY VERY LUCKY on this one... at around the same time my friend bought from another guy who sold the exhaust that mimics the apexi n1 and it sounded like rice and like ****..i bought an exhaust off ebay without having any prior knowledge on it.. it sounds very clean.. it definately DOES NOT sound like most other civics.. i would definately buy it again.. no rust, no problems..nothing... the only thing was it kept getting loose so i ended up putting lock washers... ive had it now for over a year. but here is the link..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HIMOT...spagenameZWDVW

and please no 1 get mad cuz i was a cheap ***...lol they actually dropped the price even more since i bought it. if you need pics of how it looks on my car let me kno... it says its 2" piping but mine is 2.25" unless they changed it.
you did get very very lucky.

a buddy of mine bought a cat-back from ebay for his em2, after a month a hole has already rusted in it.

moral of the story is spend the money on the good stuff first.
Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

Spikez1222 is an unknown quantity at this point

D17CivicKid... I have the same exhaust and I LOVE IT. It doesn't sound rice at all... really subtle "purrrr"... Ya, I bought it for $250 when it first showed up... definately a good buy! I recommend this to anybody who wants an exhaust that's not like GReddy and other freakin' expensive exhausts... I personally don't like the sound of GReddy or Tenzo exhausts, etc... I've had the exhaust for 3 years now!
Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

d17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Spikez1222
D17CivicKid... I have the same exhaust and I LOVE IT. It doesn't sound rice at all... really subtle "purrrr"... Ya, I bought it for $250 when it first showed up... definately a good buy! I recommend this to anybody who wants an exhaust that's not like GReddy and other freakin' expensive exhausts... I personally don't like the sound of GReddy or Tenzo exhausts, etc... I've had the exhaust for 3 years now!
dam u serious? i thought i was the only 1 who had the exhaust... lmao what i think we should do post this for people who dont want to spend alot of money on exhaust... what you think?? lol
Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

would this exahust fit on a 4 door?
Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

Spikez1222 is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ No, it will not fit a 4dr. Though I'm sure you could buy that, and just get custom piping at a local muffler shop. That's just if you wanna go through the trouble, either way, shouldn't cost you too much...

Originally Posted by d17civickid
dam u serious? i thought i was the only 1 who had the exhaust... lmao what i think we should do post this for people who dont want to spend alot of money on exhaust... what you think?? lol
Haha, for real, that's a good idea! I mean honestly, we all know Civic exhausts really don't give you much power gain if ANY... but for sound and looks, the Himoto (Tenrai) is great... And I got mine custom welded/installed for $60, not bad eh?

Quick Reply: No Name Exhaust off Ebay??