HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

Some questions bout retro fitting??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rsquared is an unknown quantity at this point
Some questions bout retro fitting??

Alright i have some questions about retro fitting... i never heard of it until i came upon this forum a few weeks ago and since then i've been wanting to do it.. I just want to know which headlights are the best to mod and which projector and bulb setup to use.. stuff like that.. If you guys have any advice you think i should know or any trick that you found while retro fitting yourself i would love to hear them

I have these
http://goo.gl/H3Bv9

on my car now but on of the plastic coverings is scratched due to an accident.. I also have the stock headlights but one of them is semi-tinted ( my dad gotta little crazy after i did my tail lights and he had to try it lol)

So let me hear what you guys got.. Also when my speakers come in ill be doing a DIY post on fitting 8" woofers in the rear deck.. not subwoofer either
Old 09-22-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Some questions bout retro fitting??

i would start at hidplanet.com forums, read the crash course and university threads, look at the projector comparisons to find something you like. for those aftermarkets, very few projectors will fit since there is no space. maybe valeo (audi a4), bosch e46 and e39. you have more options using the oem lights.
Old 09-23-2011
Registered!!

rsquared is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks i check it out
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

Somethingfl is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright so I did a retrofit with the stock 01-03 headlights, with Acura TL projectors. Its a tough job, but if you want to learn a ton, start of at www.theretrofitsource.com. They'll have everything you need there.
Old 12-08-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

any pics? youre the second member here to pull off a TL retro