Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction methods (Turbos & Nitrous Oxide) and swaps here

Nooob in need.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG that V-tech is an unknown quantity at this point
Nooob in need.

What's going on guys, i am new to this sit and slightly​ new to the Honda game. My name is Chris and I have a few questions. I have a 1994 Civic dx coupe 155xxx miles. Purchased this "gem" off of the most famous Craigslist. Week after purchase I started smelling burning oil so bad that I drive with the windows up when my girlfriend is in the car. Was told valve stem seals. So I did research and now am trying to convert into VTech with d16z6 cylinder head. ​​​​​​What are if any some parts I still need? or will I be ok with the list below?

LIST OF PARTS

✓ refurbished d16z6 head
✓ chipped and socketed ecu p28
✓ cam gear
✓ z6 timing belt
✓ VTech solenoid
✓ z6 intake manifold w/ fuel rail
✓ z6 distributor and wires
✓ skunk 2 throttle body 68mm

NOW FOR THE BLOCK. (2nd question)
I have my d15b7 block but it needs Piston rings. I met a guy in the town I live and he said he has the same exact block but I have not had time to check it out. Can someone explain and inlighting me on, What are all the external parts connected to the B7 block?
​​​​​
PS​​. I AM A DIY GUY. I HAVE NEVER WOEKED ON CARS BUT AM VERY INTERESTED. I AM 23 YEARS OLD. I AM DETERMINED TO FIX MY CAR ALONE. RATE THE LABOR ON THIS SWAP FOR ME IF POSSIBLE.

THANK YOU ALll WHO REPLY,
Chris
Old 06-13-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Nooob in need.

Go through google and type

"civic forum d series head swap"

You don't need a knew block... just replace the rings.
Old 01-26-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough
Re: Nooob in need.

re-ringing an engine isn't exactly noob type stuff, at least if you want long lasting results. Cylinders should be inspected for taper, straightness, roundness, block flatness, and a clean shone should be cut in to the walls for the new rings to seat properly, if not an overbore. They may find your crank bearing clearances and end plays to be out of spec so they may also suggest new bearings and crank polishing. Maybe best idea is either find a good engine to use, or take your short block to the machine/engine shop for inspection and refurbishment if the price is good.

If you want to be cheap and sloppy, you can hone it with your power drill, slap it all back together with properly gapped rings, and see how long it goes. I'd give it a 50/50 chance of surviving for the next 50k miles, maybe less. That might be enough to get you by though.

EDIT: Lmao thread is old