Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

rear drivers side tire making squeaking noise! need help???

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93CivicHatchy is an unknown quantity at this point
rear drivers side tire making squeaking noise! need help???

My car (Honda civic 1993 hatchback cx) has been making a weird noise from the rear drivers side tire. I don't know what it is, it happens when I turn or hit bumps in the road. It only happens on the rear drivers side tire?? Any help would be much appreciated !
Old 12-07-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: rear drivers side tire making squeaking noise! need help???

Could be a lot of things...try bouncing your car over the rear tire and see if it does it, get some greese and try to greese the fittings..could be a ball joint, or any part of the suspension really.
Old 12-07-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know if the cx has a rear sway bar, but if it does, I would look at the bushings or the end links. Although those make more of a clunking noise....you need to narrow it down. Like the above poster said, try bouncing the car to recreate the noise first.
Old 12-13-2011
Registered!!

civicexracer will become famous soon enough

Check the wheel bearing. Jack the car up, place hands at 9 and 3 and wiggle the wheel back and forth. Do the same with your hands at 12 and 6. If you feel any movement, the bear is bad.

Also get under the car and take a look at your lower control arm bushings, trailing arm bushing and your upper control arm bushing. Being a '93 and if it's never had the trailing arm bushing replace, it could be very likely that it is torn up.

Originally Posted by Gunner
Could be a lot of things...try bouncing your car over the rear tire and see if it does it, get some greese and try to greese the fittings..could be a ball joint, or any part of the suspension really.
No ball joints on the rear suspension of these cars.

Originally Posted by MelJ
I don't know if the cx has a rear sway bar, but if it does, I would look at the bushings or the end links. Although those make more of a clunking noise....you need to narrow it down. Like the above poster said, try bouncing the car to recreate the noise first.
Pretty certain the CX doesn't have a rear bar. The EX's don't.
Old 12-14-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Originally Posted by civicexracer

No ball joints on the rear suspension of these cars.

Sorry, take that part out then.