Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Neuspeed spring issue - rear suspension differences USDM to JDM?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aratic is an unknown quantity at this point
Neuspeed spring issue - rear suspension differences USDM to JDM?

Hi there,

First off would like to introduce myself, this is my first post here on civicforums. I am from New Zealand and own a 1992 Civic VTi 4dr which has been imported from Japan. It has the D15B SOHC VTEC motor in it etc etc

I recently had some Neuspeed Sport springs imported from USA for the car which were listed for this generation Civic (91-95). The front dropped the height as expected however the rears have only dropped around 0.20'' as opposed to the 1.6'' Neuspeed stated

So I'm wondering maybe the Neuspeeds I bought are specifically for the USDM Civics, due to a difference in dimensions in the rear shocks to JDM items? I know USDM use fork bottom mounts as opposed to eyehole mounts on JDM, but does anyone know if there are overall length differences between USDM and JDM shocks? Or if the lower spring seats are in a different position on the shock body? And would that affect the ride height anyway?

Seems to be a very weird problem, I have asked the supplier of the springs similar questions however no response as yet.

Thanks for your help
Old 10-09-2009
. . . The Master Debater . . .

amhtown01 has a spectacular aura aboutamhtown01 has a spectacular aura aboutamhtown01 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Neuspeed spring issue - rear suspension differences USDM to JDM?

My boy had some neuspeeds on his 7thgen (coupe) and the rear had a noticable gap compared to the front as well. We just concluded that neuspeed compensated for trunk weight. Where as, for example, Progress gives you a lower and even drop all around...but once you throw a box in the back it looks like you're on bags.
Old 10-10-2009
Registered!!

aratic is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I didnt expect the rear to drop the full 1.6'' for this reason but its more or less stock height which I dont think is good enough considering the 'quality' of the product. I couldve bought any sh*tty old spring kit at half the price and got a better result!
Old 10-10-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

shouldve gone with eibach sportline