I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

fuse box replacement now wont crank over

Old 07-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ozzalien is an unknown quantity at this point
fuse box replacement now wont crank over

I have a hx model, died one day,checking in found left white wire on the hood fuse box fitting broken, tried to get it a part broke box,purchased used one, replaced, swapped all fuses,but spliced both white wires, now it won't crank over,I did mark the wire that broke,because both are white, would accidentally swapping this effect it....I swear I put it back correct,but anthing is possible

Last edited by ozzalien; 07-19-2017 at 10:38 AM. Reason: add more
Old 07-22-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ozzalien is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: fuse box replacement now wont crank over

Originally Posted by ozzalien
I have a hx model, died one day,checking in found left white wire on the hood fuse box fitting broken, tried to get it a part broke box,purchased used one, replaced, swapped all fuses,but spliced both white wires, now it won't crank over,I did mark the wire that broke,because both are white, would accidentally swapping this effect it....I swear I put it back correct,but anthing is possible
ok so I double checked I have wires in the correct position. ...I've checked underdash fuses....hmm I don't get,I can read prints,don't see the problem,what I do see in the haynes manual is that a coupe,would have a black and white wire, a hatchback would have two white wires, so being a manual hx model obviously must be using the hatchback wiring...as it has two white wires....I find it hard to beleive that ignition switch went bad at the same time....but it's the only part I haven't checked...turn key to start position....nothing, otherwise you have all the bells and whistles working....anyone ????

Last edited by ozzalien; 07-22-2017 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-22-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: fuse box replacement now wont crank over

You need to tell the year of the car, they are not all the same...

A common problem on older cars is the clutch pedal switch is supposed to make contact with a little round pad attached to the pedal, that round pad crumbles and breaks apart then the switch doesn't get pushed in far enough to close its contacts.

The bottom switch you can see on the clutch pedal easily is not for the starter.
The switch you're looking for is up higher.

Search this Thread