I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

93 honda civic voltage issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
esco289 is an unknown quantity at this point
93 honda civic voltage issue

wassup guys? Maybe someone on here can help me out. I have a 93 honda civic dx with some accessories and sound system. I have 3 amplifiers, 2 batteries (die hard front battery) (kinetik 1400 rear) its old battery but still working, stinger isolator, and a stock alternator. Voltage is never really stabled only sometimes even with music being off. The numbers jump up and down pretty fast. If I park my car, let it rest for a few hrs the voltage becomes so weak that car will basically die...I can lock and unlock alarm it has juice to do that but not enough juice to start car. Once I jump it , it turns on A.S.A.P. Can anyone give me some kind of idea what might be my issue. I was going to have someone rewire the whole system with new wires, and replace both batteries for new 1's.
Old 02-11-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 93 honda civic voltage issue

Assuming you have all audio running on the aux battery and that battery and audio system is completely isolated as a separate electrical system of its own (but is charged up when the isolator says to)

Starting point: Figure out if the battery that starts the engine is weak or bad, and/or determine if the car has a draw that is draining that battery overnight. Could be both. Fix that and move on.

Hondas use ELD to regulate charging voltage up and down as the system sees electrical loads and battery charging needs (ranges roughly 12.3v to 14.6v)