Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

1993 Civic Battery Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reillyboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
1993 Civic Battery Problems

I recently got a '93 civic from a family member. The problem is that the battery keeps dying. We have checked the battery itself and it is almost brand new. I have asked my uncle who is a mechanic about it and he believes that the problem is the security system. He recommended taking it out completely.

How can I completely remove the security system, or at least make it so that it is not draining the battery all the time?

Also, does anyone have any other suggestions as to what might be causing the problem if not the security system?
Old 09-30-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1993 Civic Battery Problems

If you want proof, every bit of draw can be measured using an ammeter, and then traced to locate a specific and definite cause with zero guesswork.

If you want to remove an aftermarket security system, have your uncle who is a mechanic, show you how to find the alarm control unit and all of its non-factory wiring and either disable the alarm or remove it, and how to repair or restore the cars original wiring to its original state if it needs to be done.