Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Wife is away and just crashed her Civic into a post, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farquea is an unknown quantity at this point
Wife is away and just crashed her Civic into a post, HELP!

The wife is away and I was doing the right thing, planning to take her little old Civic in for a wash so it was nice and clean when she gets back Monday evening. Forgetting what parking space I was in I reversed out and hit a concrete post on the passenger side like a complete idiot! So now i need to fix this or at least have the wheels in motion by the time she gets back! As it's Sunday, all the Honda parts dealership are closed so I'm hoping someone can help.

So first thing, new wing mirror, I'm seeing the part number as 19403 88 89 90 91 or 19403 - C7319403. Can anyone confirm that will be the stock wing mirror and if so any pointer to how to remove, fit a new one would be awesome!

Regarding the big dent and bend around the door hinge and body, I'm assuming to fix this properly might cost me a few dollars which while it may not be worth it given the value of the car, that thinking won't come into it with my wife. Any estimates on cost or tips/advice on how I can at least 'try' to fix it up myself to start with?

The black rubber strip on the door I have back on (minus some plastic clips) but anyone know a part number for a replacement as it's kind of marked and bent at the point of impact?

The short plastic trim piece by the wheel I cant get back on due to the bend but, if that was straight, I still need the clips and i cant find a part number for those either.

The other worry is the passenger door now doesn't close tightly at the opposite end at the top of the window against the frame, any tips?

Basically any help right now would be appreciated so that i can at least sound like i know what needs to be done fix it all by the time she gets back.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170212_122030.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	89521  
Old 02-14-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Wife is away and just crashed her Civic into a post, HELP!

Originally Posted by Farquea
any tips?
Tell her you never drove it and found it that way.
Old 02-14-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

A new car would probably be pretty clean, make mama happy, and you wouldn't lose your sammich supply right away.

If you want sammiches, you gotta keep mama happy.
Old 03-21-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oldbeater is an unknown quantity at this point

you are screwed, tell her dear it is time you got a new car,lying won't help she will just get more ticked. i hope this car had no seintemental value.