Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HELP!!!! My eg bogs out and dies when i give it gas

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94egfifgen is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP!!!! My eg bogs out and dies when i give it gas

Hey whats going on. I have a 94 auto lx Eg. Had the head gasket go on me a couple months back. The car sat for a couple weeks. I had the head gasket professionally installed and had the head sent out to to make sure it didn't crack or warp. The car ran great. A month or so later i turn the car on and about 3 seconds later the car dies. I pop the hood and find my timing belt snapped. The car sat for about 2 months due to the harsh ny winter. I recently bought a timing belt from honda. Installed it made sure it was at top dead center. Tried to start it wouldn't start. Bought a new battery and it started right up. No ticking no knocking. So i decide to test drive it. Put it in reverse to get out the drive way and hit the gas and it struggled out the drive way. I now put it in d4 and drive. first to second shifts around 3000rpm second to third wont shift till about 6000rpms. If i left off the gas it shifts around 4500 rmps. Then it hits third gear and refuses to go past 40 mph. No CEL..So i buy a new fuel filter,speed sensor,o2 sensor and put new honda atf. Now the car starts its idles around 2000rpms then works its way down to under 1000rpms. When i put it in reverse and give its gas it bogs down and dies unless i let off the gas same thing in d4. Ive been searching the web for weeks and cant seem to figure it out. What do you guys think ?
Old 03-17-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: HELP!!!! My eg bogs out and dies when i give it gas

Did you check those valves? A snapped timing belt is baaaaad news.