Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

1993 Del Sol Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talin is an unknown quantity at this point
1993 Del Sol Wont Start

The motor had a blown head gasket about a year ago. I just got the time money and space to work on it. Got in to it and found out it was siezed from sitting. I found a motor online and swaped it. The motor is a D16Z6 same as what came out. Everythings hooked up, I have fuel pressure and spark at all the plugs. Before I started I drained and cleaned the fuel tank and added fresh gas. The motor cranks but wont turn over. Some times it acts like its going to but just doesnt catch. I checked the timing and the crank pully and cam gear are lined up at TDC but the rotor on the distributor is facing plug number 4 not number 1. I dont know if this could be it or whats going on. When I first saw the motor it was still in the pervious owners car half unhooked at a local shop where he was having a dohc swaped in. Normally I would think the motor was messed up but the guy I got it from already has the money and is still in contact with me and even offered to come help me work on it. any help or ideas would be great. Thanks