Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

pls help me identify this parts name.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kekorangar is an unknown quantity at this point
Question pls help me identify this parts name.

please help me identify the name of this part from my 1994 honda civic LX 4 door sedan. it is a 1.5L 4 cylinder 16 valve engine with a carburetor (ph15 philippine made). thank you.

this part is located under the carb

i think this part affects the idle of my car. the idle is erratic i think due to the damage to the said part seen in the last 2 images. a link to a supplier of said part would also be greatly appreciated. thank you.
Old 08-19-2012
Registered!!

Max91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: pls help me identify this parts name.

I really can't help with the part it's self. What you might try is taking it out, clean it up with a solvent and small wire brush, check the valve to make sure it has spring action, JB weld it back together. That may get you down the road until you get a replacement.
Old 08-20-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Max91
I really can't help with the part it's self. What you might try is taking it out, clean it up with a solvent and small wire brush, check the valve to make sure it has spring action, JB weld it back together. That may get you down the road until you get a replacement.
this part is really small (approx. 2" in lenght) to be cleaned with a solvent and wire brush. but thanks for the reply.
Old 08-20-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a vacuum manifold of sorts. Wouldn't be able to tell you without an engine code.

Edit: google search tells me you got the same answer on h-t. If it is indeed a vacuum manifold, you can probably finagle an aftermarket vacuum manifold to replace the existing one.
Old 08-20-2012
Registered!!

ubnpast is on a distinguished road

While looking up an older version (from an 1985), it looks like they describe it as "JOINT, NINE-WAY (NOT AVAILABLE)", not the exact one you need but may give you an idea of what you are looking for.

If you find a parts diagram from honda, it should be under Engine / Install Pipes-Tubes
Old 08-21-2012
Registered!!

guys, i need confirmation if this part's name could be the "PORTED VACUUM SWITCH"?

if it indeed is a ported vacuum switch, my problem now is to find said part with 6 ports :scared: maximum ports i could find is 5 ports :ugh:

thanks
Old 08-21-2012
Registered!!

Max91 is an unknown quantity at this point

From the looks of your pics a 5 port should work. #10 hose is looped back into the stem.
Old 08-21-2012
Registered!!

chulito is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like splits up the vacuum direct all your hoses. See if you can find the part here: http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/index.php?p=home
Old 09-02-2012
Registered!!

sienile is an unknown quantity at this point

It's definitely a Ported Vacuum Switch, but all the ones I've seen for Civics have only 2 ports.
Old 09-02-2012
Registered!!

sienile is an unknown quantity at this point

My goofy self managed to miss the post that said you could find one with 5 ports.

If you can find one with 4 ports, it should work sense 2 of the 6 ports are looped to eachother. If not, take the 5 port switch and cap the one closest to the switch off.

Worst case scenario, take the 2 port switch and a pair of Y or T couplers. Maybe the closest 2 and the farthest 2 work off the same vacuum. I kinda doubt it, but if nothing else works, it might be worth a shot trying.