Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

94 cx idle and temp gauge prob

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chromedome is an unknown quantity at this point
94 cx idle and temp gauge prob

I just purchased a 94 cx, hatch with a 5 speed primarily for gas but its such a terd im gonna do a mini-me swap within a couple of months. But anyways issue #1...Whenever I start the car up it seems to be running alittle rough. When im driving the thing runs great but if im sitting at idle with my foot on or off the brake its runs rough idiling up and down and sometimes to the point where I think its going to cut off. It idles bad specially when sitting still with my foot on the brake.

Now issue #2..... My temp. gauge fluctuates alot. It will start off fine then it will shut to hot in a couple of secs then it will go down. I can tap the cluster and watch the needle move when I tap it. In my eyes I would say that the gauge is bad, but i've been told that both problems im having could be because of the same issue. anyone got a clue? Thanks
Old 01-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpdySylvrEX will become famous soon enough
Re: 94 cx idle and temp gauge prob

Do a vac leak test with carb cleaner (especially near the brake booster vac line) Clean your Idle air control valve, make sure your coolant is topped off...
This just might fix issue number 2....heck, you could even flush and redo the coolant, wouldn't hurt....