first civic, what to look for? - Honda Civic Forum

Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2011   #1
Registered!!

1sthatch93 is an unknown quantity at this point
first civic, what to look for?

I just bought a 93 civic hatch DX. It needs a little bit of mechanical work. The steering shakes bad above 40, it clunks in the font end when i hit bumps. I also feel like the steer isnt tight, its very loose and it pulls the the left when i let go of the steering wheel. Any other things i should look for or watch for. the car has 154000 0n the original 1.5L motor and this is my first import so any advice is a big help. thanks.
1sthatch93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #2
turbo_coupe_EJ1

turbo_coupe_EJ1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: first civic, what to look for?

about the steering wheel shaking real bad and it pulling to the left could all be ur tires or a it needs a front end alignment and the cluncking noise could be many thing and i think it might be ur bushings in the front and the steering being lose is probably tie rod or rack and pinion having a lot of wear and tear
turbo_coupe_EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote