Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

94 lx many starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
csb41502 is an unknown quantity at this point
94 lx many starting problems

i bought this car from my neighbor a few weeks ago.it sat for about 6 months cause one day it just wouldnt start and from that day on they would try every once and a while and would crank but not start.so i bought it from them and read a bunch of stuff and thought it was the main relay.bought a brand new one.same thing crank but no start.i had someone look at it and they said the 2 components in the distriubtor were bad so i just bought a whole distributor.changed that along with cap rotor plugs and plug wires.got it all in and it fired right up. i drove it around where i live.it drove great.went to start it the next morning no good backto crank no start.so i looked around under the hood and found a wire not connected.it was on the passenger side on the engine block.it was above another sensor.the best way i can describe what was hanging off was the part on the engine looked like a nipple sticking off and this wire had like a bullet connector on it.i plugged that back in and it fired right up again.that was yesterday.once again this morning no start again.i have done every test i know about.the map wires read 5 volts.the ground on the thermostat i took off cleaned real good and put it back on.the dizzy is getting power and the tach wire also has 12 volts.i dont know what else to do from here.please help me out