Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Rear left sits lower than right...

Old 10-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sierioiza is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear left sits lower than right...

Rear left of my 99 civic EX sits lower than the right. I can only put 2 fingers tight between the tire and the wheel well on the left side, and 3 with some extra room on the right side... I replaced struts and springs almost two weeks ago, so I know that those are good. I asked Scotty Kilmer about the issue, and he said it might be caused by worn bushings on lower or upper control arm. I want to know if this is something serious and if I have to worry about it and get them replaced. Do they affect car's performance or alignment, or is it dangerous to drive with worn out bushings on lower or upper control arm? I need to decide what to do before I do alignment this week (I was advised to give the new springs about 2 weeks to set before doing alignment).
Old 10-18-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Rear left sits lower than right...

I wouldn't agree with the suggestion to give springs two weeks to set before an alignment, yes, they will settle, but it's not significant. I would rather have everything back to spec immediately than have a very slightly more accurate alignment.

An older car will never be completely level side to side, even if everything is in perfect condition, that's just the result of it being driven for the last 12 years. If the bushings are worn out it's a good idea to replace them, but they won't make a significant difference in ride height.
Old 10-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sierioiza is an unknown quantity at this point

But is it absolutely necessary to replace the bushings, or can I drive on them safely with no bad influence on alignment?
Old 10-18-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

mine is the same way and all my parts are good. there is no way to have each wheel well perfectly spaced, considering the different weight distributions. if the control arm bushings are bad, you will not be able to hold a proper alignment. it will keep changing when you drive.