Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Function Form Type 1 Full Coilovers + Blox Full Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AJgrewal is an unknown quantity at this point
Function Form Type 1 Full Coilovers + Blox Full Camber Kit

So I can get a FF Type 1 Full Coilover kit for $630 on eBay and a full (front & rear) Blox camber kit for $230 from weaksauce.

That sounds like a complete suspension setup for $860. What do you guys think about this setup?

It says that FF Type 1s don't come with dampening control, what's that?

I don't want uneven tire wear and I don't want something super expensive. I want a 2 inch drop on a 99 SI with no headaches.

Will I be good to go once I throw on these coils and camber kit?

EDIT: Posted this on the wrong forum, sorry guys...
Old 07-22-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Function Form Type 1 Full Coilovers + Blox Full Camber Kit

you can get those for $599 free shipping here http://www.robearracing.com/pd-funct...ivic-96-00.cfm and robear can be trusted more then an ebay seller
but i would rather have these on my car http://www.robearracing.com/pd-progr...ic-integra.cfm
Old 07-22-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Non-adjustable dampening isn't the end of the world. Most non-damps are set on the softer side, in order to please those wanting comfort over handling dynamics. Most people who have adjustable dampening, set it once, and leave it alone.

With most coilovers or shocks, dampening is adjustable for the compression and not the rebound. Which isn't the best scenario for good handling. Basically, compression dampening controls the upward movement of the shock, and to reduce the resulting spring vibration. Typically, a soft compression setting allows the piston in the shock to move up quickly and absorb the impact when your tire hits a bump. Of course, this is good for most daily driving applications. However, what comes up must go down. That quick upward travel of the piston, means quick downward travel too. That's why you see cars porpoising on the freeway, wheel hop on heavy acceleration, loss of traction, etc. With adjustables, the rebound can be set to slow the piston movement and reduce this effect. But that comes with a cost too. If the compression rebound is too stiff, your shock's "absorbtion" abiility diminishes, resulting in a harsh ride. Only the more expensive sets offer seperate rebound dampening. This allows for fast piston travel upwards (compression) with slower piston travel downwards (rebound) and optimal ride. Some companies try to overcome not having rebound settings with tapered holes, different oil viscosities, magnetic particles, etc. But thats another topic.

Last edited by maxtierney; 07-22-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 07-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Just like Max put so well, dampening adjustment is't the end of the world. If you have a very heavily modified suspension and you autox routinely you might miss it, but otherwise you'll never realize it's not there.

Moved to 6th gen.
Old 07-22-2011
Registered!!

Everybody is recommending the Progress CS-IIs and since they're a wee bit cheaper than the FFs, I'm not one to argue.

Would I need a camber kit for a 2 inch drop? I'm tempted to just buy the CS-IIs right now and throw them on my EM1.
Old 07-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

For a 2'' drop, yes.

For a 1.5'' drop, no.
Old 07-22-2011
Registered!!

Any recommendations for a camber kit? I'm definitely going 2".
Old 08-24-2011
Registered!!

RobearRacing is an unknown quantity at this point

I have some CSII coming in VERY soon.