I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

speed sensor location???

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kglow is an unknown quantity at this point
speed sensor location???

I have searched and read all the threads on non working speedo's. And I can not find where anyone says where it is located. I have a 2000 Civic 5 spd. The speedo and odm stopped working. I had to replace the engine last week and they do not work now. The car was in a accident and damaged the motor so I replaced it and now no speedo and odo. I do have a CEL on on will pull the codes in the morning but was wondering where the speed sensor is located on my 2000 so I can make sure it is hooked up. Thanks
Old 05-15-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: speed sensor location???

Originally Posted by kglow
I have searched and read all the threads on non working speedo's. And I can not find where anyone says where it is located. I have a 2000 Civic 5 spd. The speedo and odm stopped working. I had to replace the engine last week and they do not work now. The car was in a accident and damaged the motor so I replaced it and now no speedo and odo. I do have a CEL on on will pull the codes in the morning but was wondering where the speed sensor is located on my 2000 so I can make sure it is hooked up. Thanks
VSS should be on top of the differential area of the trans.
3 wire connector.
Black, blu/wht, and blk/yel wire colors in my diagram.

HTH
Old 05-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kglow is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: speed sensor location???

solved two problems with one fuse. went backto the basics today and checked the fuse for the speedo. it turns out it is the same fuse for the alt. Pulled a code B1298 (if I remember right) and pulled the fuse and it was blown. Put in a new one and the speedo start working and the CEL went out. WOW. I did have to clear the ECU by disconnectiing the battery for about 5 minutes but that is all it took.
I hope this helps someone going forward as these CEL's can be tough.