I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

98 civic radio replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
velozp is an unknown quantity at this point
98 civic radio replacement

I will try this again to see if I get ANY replies? My 98 civic has a OE crappy radio that I want to replace with an aftermarket one. I do not use the factory honda keyless entry because I have an aftermarket alarm which unlocks the doors. So will I retain my alarm system/keyless entry if I put an aftermarket one in? I guess the OE radio has the keyless remote brain built in to the radio for the honda keyless remotes but If I have keyless now with my alarm, it shouldnt be an issue???thanks
Old 02-25-2013
Registered!!

Weigel21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 98 civic radio replacement

If you have an aftermarket alarm with door lock/unlock relays, then removing and loosing the EOM remote door lock feature should be of no concern.

You looking for input on the radio to go with or just wondering if removing the OEM HU would render your aftermarket alarm/remote door locks inoperable? Honestly, unless, for some odd reason, the alarm system you bought was made to specifically integrate into the OEM alarm system of the Civic, then I can't see it being affected. It has it's own brain and external speaker/siren right? Does it plug into the car's computer? What model is the alarm?

Might want to ask this question over on the Crutchfield forums, they seem to have a little more activity and I know there are some members on it that could be of help.

Last edited by Weigel21; 02-25-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-26-2013
Registered!!

velozp is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 98 civic radio replacement

thank you weigle 21 for this. yes the alarm is very old but still works fine and has a external siren, I will take your advice to post on cluchfield, thanks