Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

D16y8 stalling out when gas pedal is pressed

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BoostedGSR is an unknown quantity at this point
D16y8 stalling out when gas pedal is pressed

So yesterday my thermostat failed and the car was overheating. Being only a couple miles into my 37 mile commute and being stuck in ridiculous stop and go traffic it took a while to find a gas station to either find coolant or water as a temp fix to get home. Apparently it was my lucky day cause every gas station I found didn’t have coolant. Back to the issue tho, so eventually I had to pull over cause the car started steaming. I shut it off popped the hood and the radiator cap to let everything cool off, after an hour or so the car wouldn’t start. Got it towed. Today I changed the thermostat filled it up with coolant and start it, it runs, but when I press the throttle it either bogs out and stalls or sputters and builds back up in the rpm’s if ease into the throttle is doesn’t bog until about 3-4 k and then starts to bog. NEED HELP haha not sure what’s causing it, don’t know if it’s fuel related or if the overheated fried my injectiors or fried something else internally.
Old 09-29-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: D16y8 stalling out when gas pedal is pressed

CEL on? Warped head maybe?
Old 09-30-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D16y8 stalling out when gas pedal is pressed

Coolant sprayed...... Got the distributor cap or wires wet?

Look for a head gasket failure to appear soon too.