Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

good brand of fuel injector

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kagan21 is an unknown quantity at this point
good brand of fuel injector

hey guys like the title says i need to replace the fuel injectors on the car since the old ones are leaking. im thinking about re-manufactured from rockauto which they have:

autoline
GB remanufacturing
beck/arnley

so any suggestions? or just buy new ones.
Old 11-20-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: good brand of fuel injector

Originally Posted by kagan21
hey guys like the title says i need to replace the fuel injectors on the car since the old ones are leaking. im thinking about re-manufactured from rockauto which they have:

autoline
GB remanufacturing
beck/arnley

How about OE or OEM from junkyard..probably $5-$10 each, exact fit and specifications too.
Old 11-20-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: good brand of fuel injector

Stock Honda.

Are your actual injectors leaking, or just the O ring seals? You can buy fresh injector O rings dirt cheap.
Old 11-21-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oneheadlight is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: good brand of fuel injector

Originally Posted by kagan21

autoline
GB remanufacturing
beck/arnley

DO NOT waste your time on remanufactured fuel injectors! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!! Yes I am repeating myself!

I went down this path before with my 96 civic.. You will not like the results! All these companies do is clean up old injectors that were someone else's problems. Now they'll be yours! I do not care what they claim, I had this junk, you do not want it!

If yours are leaking externally then it might just be you need to replace the o-rings. That's easy.. But if they're dropping fuel into the intake then replacement is your only option. The body is sealed and there's no way to replace the internal o-rings.

Yes it's true Honda genuine parts would be nice, but in case you don't have around $200 for each injector.. SMP is the brand I bought, hey I am not a millionaire, thanks Honda. Standard Motor Products is SMP, they also go by the name Intermotor. SMP is the parent company. The ones I got are brand new, manufactured by SMP in USA, south carolina I think it is.

I've had these injectors since August and so far they're working well. I do not know how long they'll last, but I did not have $800 to drop since Honda thinks their injectors are pure gold. So we'll see how long I'll get..