Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2000 Civic Junk Yard replacement Motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jack10525 is an unknown quantity at this point
2000 Civic Junk Yard replacement Motor

So I got a blown motor and picked up a junk yard motor to replace it. I've done a few motor replacements on rear wheel drive cars but it had been a while since I worked on fwd. Anybody have a link to a step by step guide? Also whiel the donar motor is out is there any thing I should look at replacing? It has 90k on it and ran fine.
Old 10-14-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: 2000 Civic Junk Yard replacement Motor

Originally Posted by jack10525
Anybody have a link to a step by step guide?
Google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=96+0....0.F3EnSNIIkP4

Originally Posted by jack10525
Also while the donor motor is out is there any thing I should look at replacing? It has 90k on it and ran fine.
Replace head gasket: use a precision level and feeler gauges to check block and cylinder head for straightness. If the cylinder head is warped then bring to machine shop to mill flat. Install new valve seals

Timing belt kit (replace at every 100k miles or 7 years whichever comes first): timing belt, water-pump, tensioner, alternator belt, a/c belt, steering pump belt. Crank seal, camshaft seal.

Replace with new: Oil, coolant, p/s fluid, thermostat, intake gasket, valve cover gasket & spark plug seals, spark plugs. Rear main seal, oil pan gasket. Inspect flywheel.
Old 10-15-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jack10525 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2000 Civic Junk Yard replacement Motor

Thank you Megalodong!!!