Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Ac compressor and condensor fan not turning on 2000 honda civic ek3

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abdul Rhamaffed is an unknown quantity at this point
Ac compressor and condensor fan not turning on 2000 honda civic ek3

Hi guys. I've battling with trying to find out why my ac stopped working. I was driving fine and then noticed the ac chipped out. The green light on the button was still on but the load on the engine dropped and blower was still running.

I checked and noticed the condensor fan and ac isn't engaged. I checked the fuses under the dash and hood and they all seem fine. Still not working.

What do you guys think could be the cause?
Old 07-11-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ac compressor and condensor fan not turning on 2000 honda civic ek3

Check pressure switch for continuity.
If switch is open circuit, see if system lost its freon.

OR

Unplug pressure switch, insert a paper clip to jumper the harness connector terminals.
If it kicks on, immediately unplug paper clip so you don't damage the compressor.
If the compressor and fans kick on that means the pressure switch is open--- then you need to see if and why the system lost its freon.

Look through front bumper openings at the condenser for rock damage/road debris damage

If this does not produce any results and the AC system has not lost its freon, you got more checking to do.