Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

cut line on cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kagan21 is an unknown quantity at this point
cut line on cruise control

hey guys sorry to make another post but just trying to keep things orginized in the forums if anybody tries to search for the same topic but i was working on the car again and found a cut line that looks like its coming from the cruise control system it looks like a vacuum line:

Name:  20170314_163138_zps7hvtdg1k.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  361.3 KB

Name:  20170314_163141_zpswxqsgyol.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  303.1 KB
Old 03-16-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,138 Likes on 952 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: cut line on cruise control

That should connect to the intake manifold. See any open/capped off ports that line would reach? Or do you have one of those fancy intake manifolds that the cool kids put on and there isn't any available port. It could be disconnected on purpose because it's faulty.
Old 03-16-2017
Registered!!

Kagan21

Yea i was looking around for a port but did not know where to start looking thanks for the help. And since u mentioned a fancy manifold i told the wife since im a honda boy now i have to get a big boot wing and a fart can lol.
Old 03-16-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,138 Likes on 952 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Haha don't forget the stickers and nonfunctional hood scoop!
Old 03-16-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's on the back side of intake manifold, runner for #1 cylinder, points toward firewall.
Listen closely for the light hiss sound from that area while it's idling.
Old 03-19-2017
Registered!!

well i found the port that the vacuum line connects too and as soon as i hooked it up the motor bogged down so bad i thought it was going to kill itself maybe idling around 500rpm or lower. i checked the check valve before the canister and its working just fine so i don't know whats going on.
Old 03-19-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

and as soon as i hooked it up the motor bogged down so bad i thought it was going to kill itself maybe idling around 500rpm or lower.
The computer learned how to idle the engine with a vacuum leak.. Now it has to learn how to idle all over again without a vacuum leak.

Try doing an idle relearn.
Old 03-19-2017
Registered!!

got a link to the relearn?