Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

P1336/p1337

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joecrowe is an unknown quantity at this point
P1336/p1337

Car will idle low when warm ,when cold it will idel around 300 to 700, I guess the question is do you think I should change the sensor,any help would be great thanx.also I have a 2000 civic lx new timing belt,not sure it that could be part of the problem,and I just put in a new VSS.
Old 09-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oneheadlight is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: P1336/p1337

Originally Posted by Joecrowe
Car will idle low when warm ,when cold it will idel around 300 to 700, I guess the question is do you think I should change the sensor,any help would be great thanx.also I have a 2000 civic lx new timing belt,not sure it that could be part of the problem,and I just put in a new VSS.
first thing is to test out the crankshaft sensor, as both of those codes are pointing to a bad crankshaft sensor. When it goes bad it can cause the low idle and stalling. The location of the sensor is next to the timing belt. Yes that could have been disturbed, have to take off the covers, open up the timing belt area and check the sensor.. It's on page 306 of the service manual. You can download the 96-2000 civic service manual here, for free.

http://downloads.hondatech.info/Auto...e%20Manual.zip

The vss would've not had much to do with the check engine codes. Only either cruise control or how the speedometer is reading the speed.

If you find out the sensor is bad, and you get a new one, test the new one to make sure it's not bad. Why do the same job twice?
Old 09-19-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: P1336/p1337

P1336/p1337
CKF signal intermittent interruption and no signal....

My guess: During the last timing belt job....someone forgot to tuck the little wire harness into the little clips along the side of the timing cover....and now the wires got eaten by the alternator belt.

Low idle RPM is probably unrelated to this. Clean out the screen in the IAC valve?