Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

throwing code p1362, Ohms good, no short, WTF! Please read and help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dylankjustice is an unknown quantity at this point
throwing code p1362, Ohms good, no short, WTF! Please read and help!

I bought a 99 civic that did not run... the previous owner said car just shut off while driving one day.. His assumption was that the timing belt when out... Needless to say, I changed the timing belt and crankshaft speed fluctuation sensor while I was down there.. I was able to get the car started once.. at that time I noticed I only would run with the distributor fully retarded. At that time i assumed that I was off a tooth or so on the timing belt.. I then took the belt back off and reinstalled it... I have pictures to verify that it is dead on with TDC.. I realized after the first installation it was hard to align the arrows with the cam gear from my view point.. so I used my camera phone to make sure it was dead on.. once the belt was on I rotated a few times (counterclockwise) to verify it was all correct. Now.. once the car was all together I went to start it and this time it would only start with the distributor in full advance.. I am lost at this point. So i loaned a code reader and it is throwing p1362 (no signal from TDC sensor) At that time I checked my ohms and read about 360 on all sensors.. I am not short to ground and get full continuity from dizzy to ecu/pcm.. WIll someone help me? and please dont say my timing belt is off... Because it isnt, if it was I would imagine it would throw a p0336.