Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

1998 Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cycho is an unknown quantity at this point
1998 Honda Civic

Hi there

I have a 1998 Honda Civic 2 door coupe. It has a radiator problem???
The temperature in the car is always high, the needle always goes to H even if I go for a mile distance. The heater is not working in my car from a couple of days.
What might be the reason for temp to go high??? Is it thermostat or radiator cap or radiator itself????
and why is my heater not working????? .
what shud I do now??

Can anyone help me with these issues.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fatsheep is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 1998 Honda Civic

Originally Posted by cycho
Hi there

I have a 1998 Honda Civic 2 door coupe. It has a radiator problem???
The temperature in the car is always high, the needle always goes to H even if I go for a mile distance. The heater is not working in my car from a couple of days.
What might be the reason for temp to go high??? Is it thermostat or radiator cap or radiator itself????
and why is my heater not working????? .
what shud I do now??

Can anyone help me with these issues.

Thanks in advance
Check your coolant reservoir. Is the fluid between the max and min lines? Is your radiator fan working? Thermostats are pretty cheap so you could try replacing it and see if that helps. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 12-27-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1998 Honda Civic

Sounds like you have problems with your heater core, or you could be very low on coolant. Any leaks anywhere that you have noticed?