I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

7in Flip out-monitor

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slickwillie is an unknown quantity at this point
7in Flip out-monitor

hey, I am seriously contemplating getting a 7in flip out monitor for my ride. The only problem is that I don't know which model to look for. I already have a pioneer 9300r, so I don't really need the cd payer or fm/am tuner. What I would like is for it to have the ability to hook up to both a playstation and a TV tuner. I don't really want to pay alot of money, so if you can suggest a later model so that I can look for one on ebay, that would be great. Thanx

Aaron
Old 07-18-2002
The Fallen Angel . . .

Vizyun is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe Sony just came out with an in-dash monitor for a nice price. It doesn't have ANYTHING ELSE but the monitor, I think, and it will mount in the DIN-sized spot under your existing HU. . . maybe that's what you're looking for? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-18-2002
Registered!!

Slickwillie is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, something like that, I just didn't know the model numbers to look up on. That's ok, I guess I'll just go on ebay and look around, I was hoping someone had something like this and could tell me what is good to get and what is not. Thanks

Aaron
Old 07-18-2002
The Fallen Angel . . .

Vizyun is an unknown quantity at this point
It's called the Sony XAV-7W. Check it out.
Old 07-18-2002
Registered!!

vino is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought of getting a motorized monitor but then realized it blocked the a/c vents so i just bought a 7in monitor and mounted it under the HU...i would post pics but im lazy..lol its in my members ride if you wanna take a look...and its hooked up to a ps2 but not tv tuner
Old 07-18-2002
Registered!!

juscallmetoyota is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Slickwillie
hey, I am seriously contemplating getting a 7in flip out monitor for my ride. The only problem is that I don't know which model to look for. I already have a pioneer 9300r, so I don't really need the cd payer or fm/am tuner. What I would like is for it to have the ability to hook up to both a playstation and a TV tuner. I don't really want to pay alot of money, so if you can suggest a later model so that I can look for one on ebay, that would be great. Thanx

Aaron[hr]
Just do it the right way the first time. Sell your headunit and buy an Alpine, pioneer, kenwood, or Clarion indash monitor. Don't just slap a monitor there where it looks all ghetto. The Sony one is alright but picture quality is not all that good. Plus your gonna have to re-wire everything since it prob. wont work w/ your pioneer headunit. I would say get the Alpine IVA-C800 which comes w/ a built in CD player. Their goin for about 1,000.00 on ebay. You can hook up a PS2 and TV Tuner to it too.

Steve

Old 07-19-2002
Registered!!

EternalVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have a Tweeter(Bryn Mawr) A/V store around you? If so, go there and tell them what you want, theyre very knowledgeable (they have helped me several times) and they have decent prices, should you choose to buy through them. But even if you dont, they still are very helpful. Other than that i agree with justcallmetoyota.