I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Different ignition coils on Si?? Summit Stinks!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brownplus is an unknown quantity at this point
Different ignition coils on Si?? Summit Stinks!

Ordered accel 140311-4 as per my fitment guide on summit racing (2003 civic si hatch 2.0)

And they turned out to be too big and with 3 prongs instead of my 2 prong connectors.

Have had them for over 6 mos. before installing...they won't take them back...understood.

But looking deeper into this, MANY online car places are selling the 3 prong for my vehicle....

do I have a rare bird or??? the OEM is
30520-RRA-007

but good golly they are proud of them...anyone know an aftermarket K-series? coil with 2 prongs?
Old 11-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Different ignition coils on Si?? Summit Stinks!

Did you get that oem number from a vin checked lookup?

Possible previous owner replaced engine at some point?
Old 11-19-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Different ignition coils on Si?? Summit Stinks!

do I have a rare bird or???
30520-RRA-007
Not rare at all.

It's probably just poor cataloging by various seller(s).

The Honda part number you listed was used on a metric crapton of K engines throughout the years.
There were only a few early Civic (USA-SI and Can SI-R) that used the K engine, but there are a zillion regular Civics that didn't.