I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Installation of the Optima 75/25 battery in 05 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PavelPavel is an unknown quantity at this point
Installation of the Optima 75/25 battery in 05 Civic

Hello everybody !
This is my first post on this site.

Today I have bought Optima Red Top 75/25 size battery, and want to share some experience on its installation. Unlike what other people say regarding a matter that this battery is bigger than stock 51 size, installation is EASY and requires almost no modifications.

So here is a deal.

1. Take your stock battery out, along with its tray and plastic box. They will not fit new battery.
2. Take tie down bar and flatten out a notch that holds stock battery. It is pretty thin, I just place it on a concrete and used a small hammer to flatten it out.
3. Place your new Optima battery in place, and install tie down bar after u turn it 180 degrees.
4. That is it !!!!!!!!!!!!
5. EASY !!!!!

Any questions , or for photographs e-mail me at: pashenka18@hotmail.com

See you !

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6Z3411.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	68874   Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6Z3409.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	68875   Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6Z3407.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	68876   Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6Z3406.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	68877  

Last edited by PavelPavel; 12-10-2006 at 08:46 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 12-04-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
so... u basically put in a an optima battery by changing it out like every other battery in every other car in the world... hey heres a DIY to start your car:
1) put the key in the ignition
2) turn the key
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
Old 12-04-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Oh man!! I thought this was never possible!! Youre awesome!! Send me the pics........
Old 12-04-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
I went to school at Wyotech and Mobile Dynamics and I never learned how to install a battery. How much do I owe you for this amazing information?!?!?

P.S. Seein as how you actually made this DIY, those last 2 sentences were using something called sarcasm. Maybe I will write a DIY on how to properly use sarcasm
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
I just got the yellow top that fit, but they don't make it anymore
It was worth the $150 tho.....with 15 inches of snow on my car and sitting for a couple days it still started, slow, but started.
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, let's all make the new guy feel welcome. This could be useful information for anyone who has seen conflicting reports as to whether or not this size can be fitted. Nobody is born knowing this stuff.

I say thanks for the information and confirmation that it can be done.
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
^^^agreed yeah some of you guys were pretty harsh.
Old 12-04-2006
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
The ghetto gay wing that one guy is selling...go be a dick to that guy, this guy was just trying to contribute
Old 12-04-2006
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
lol I just saw that wing.
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jeffsta17
I went to school at Wyotech and Mobile Dynamics and I never learned how to install a battery. How much do I owe you for this amazing information?!?!?

P.S. Seein as how you actually made this DIY, those last 2 sentences were using something called sarcasm. Maybe I will write a DIY on how to properly use sarcasm
People !
Some of you may want to have some attitude adjustment....
The reason why I have written this post is that it seems like there are many questions and contradicting info in regards of using large optimas in our Civics.
I myself had doubts before I have actually done an install.
BTW, for those KNOW EVERYTHING people, I just want to let you know that I'm writing this thread in my fourth foreign language .... just to let you know...
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

Honda_Inspired is an unknown quantity at this point
Props for the post - it takes a lot of ***** to post something simple, but informative like that here. Get used to 7thgencivic, we always pick on each other.

Originally Posted by Rufus
lol I just saw that wing.
link please!!!!!
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough
yep yep... but seriously, some of the 7thgeners are harsh ashell, i mean i bet some of ya dont know Sh#*t when you first started working on your car. but ya either way, you can take this seriously or in a fun way. its all up to ya.
Old 12-04-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
We've been here forever almost and its hard not to laugh at everything. Suprisingly this has got to be the only question/explanation that I haven't seen a thread posted about every 15 mins. Nice job, did you get the + rep that you were hoping for?
Old 12-06-2006
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
my bad man dont feel bad just givin u a hard time, but in all honesty does not require a DIY
Old 12-07-2006
Racism sucks, just like your Mom...

Scott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for doing a simple thread and being willing to stand by your convictions.
Old 12-10-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
ibtl...post ***** post
Old 12-10-2006
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the DIY. Some of us do appreciate it.
Old 12-10-2006
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
What other languages do ya know?
Old 12-10-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
hmm i remember a bunch of people doing this over the years. but good job anyway. ill stick with my $50 autocraft battery, so far its done better than the optima that barely lasted a year.
Old 12-10-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rudy
Damn, let's all make the new guy feel welcome. This could be useful information for anyone who has seen conflicting reports as to whether or not this size can be fitted. Nobody is born knowing this stuff.

I say thanks for the information and confirmation that it can be done.
nice work. glad you werent an azz. but good work. i need a fitting battery of better size.
Old 12-10-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gearbox
hmm i remember a bunch of people doing this over the years. but good job anyway. ill stick with my $50 autocraft battery, so far its done better than the optima that barely lasted a year.
true. my duralast, sure did.....last beter than the overpriced dry cell battery.
Old 12-10-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
Hey gearbox !
THe main reason I went to this one is that 1st, my original battery, which was about 1.5 yo. was drained a couple ot times to almost nothing, because I have left headlights on for a 3-4 hours, and after that it did not seem to havea the same amount of power as it used to be, and 2nd I had some store credit from where I had bought it, so I have decided to try. It seems pretty nice, car starts after0.3 or so sec of cranking...
I just wonder why u had problems with yours ....
Old 12-11-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PavelPavel
Hey gearbox !
THe main reason I went to this one is that 1st, my original battery, which was about 1.5 yo. was drained a couple ot times to almost nothing, because I have left headlights on for a 3-4 hours, and after that it did not seem to havea the same amount of power as it used to be, and 2nd I had some store credit from where I had bought it, so I have decided to try. It seems pretty nice, car starts after0.3 or so sec of cranking...
I just wonder why u had problems with yours ....
Doing that to any battery will kill it over time, just so you know. Maybe someone should write a DIY on turning your headlights off.
Old 12-11-2006
Racism sucks, just like your Mom...

Scott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AmbulanceMonkee
Maybe someone should write a DIY on turning your headlights off.
Harsh, but funny...

Last edited by Scott Civic; 12-11-2006 at 08:36 PM.