I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Capacitor for multiple amps

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
Capacitor for multiple amps

i'm adding another amp to my system and since the amp i have now makes my headlights dim (very slightly, hardly noticable) i was thinking of adding a capacitor to help out. i havent dealt with capacitors before and the thought of adding one is a last minute idea. can you wire 2 amps to a capacitor? i bought a distribution block so could i use that?
Old 06-29-2005
Ed
Registered!!

Ed will become famous soon enoughEd will become famous soon enough
Yep, just connect the capacitor before the distrobution block.

Technically, you could connect it anywhere, but more likely than not, the power wires coming out of the block are lower gauge than the input, which could limit the current capacity.
Old 06-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the rough
you have to be more specific with all your wiring sizes, routing, and stuff if you want an explination...
Old 06-29-2005
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
i'd be using 4 gauge wire.
i saw this at sounddomain.com. would this be easier/cleaner? its got a built in distribution block.