I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

bass thump

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003
The LA Clipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
bass thump

I just started getting a lil bass noise from my subs whenever I change a song on my CD player. I suspect that this could be because I ran my sub RCAs right through where all my power cables are...any opinions on this?

It happens no matter if I have the sub output on or off...so I may not even have the bass on and I get the noise?? The noise is not the end of the world, and it doesn't sound like distortion...it just sounds like a short bass line.

I know that I am not suppossed to run RCAs by the power, but I figured the RCAs going to the subs would be ok because usually noise is not as easily noticed as much as if it were the highs.

Link of the wires ...look for the purple RCA wire running up the middle to the JBL.
Old 05-23-2003
Registered!!

custom2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know man. I could see if they were cheap *** rca's then you might have a concern but they look like XLN 201's to me. I've installed quite a few sets with just sub amps and have run them along power wire with no problems. They are shielded really well.
Old 05-23-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Originally posted by custom2k1
I could see if they were cheap *** rca's then you might have a concern but they look like XLN 201's to me.
good call...you know your RCAs
Old 05-24-2003

alex053 will become famous soon enough
when you installed your deck did you use the ground wire in the harness or did you ground your deck to the chassis. Reground your deck to the chassis if not. this cleared up the pop and engine noise i had in a few other cars.
Old 05-25-2003
The LA Clipper

Originally posted by Alex053
when you installed your deck did you use the ground wire in the harness or did you ground your deck to the chassis. Reground your deck to the chassis if not. this cleared up the pop and engine noise i had in a few other cars.
Sounds good, maybe I can do it when I put in my new changer....where would you recommend grounding it at? Should I just use a butt connector to attached some thicker gauge wire and screw the wire using a ring connector? Thx
Old 05-25-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
12 gauge is fine. theoretically, ground wire should be same thickness as power wire. also, it might be a ground in the trunk problem. maybe you regrounded or moved your ground or uninstalled while building your new box?
Old 05-25-2003
The LA Clipper

...yeah, while I was building my new box I just left my amps in the tunk hooked up but not tied down, which was bad I know...I was just too lazy to screw them down just for a few days. I will check those grounds to see because one my be pulling out.
Old 05-29-2003
The LA Clipper

So I was scoping places out to reground my HU and I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to ground my HU on the same screw that the factory fround is on (just with thicker wire?)...or should I find anothercrew to ground on?

Well, atleast if it doesn't do anything with my thump and occasional buzzing noice hopefull my HU will run cooler becuase it gets a kinda warm sometimes.
Old 05-29-2003
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
groud loop? cheap rca's....one of those....your getting feedback