I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Using a blowdryer to dynamat..

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
syndrome is an unknown quantity at this point
Using a blowdryer to dynamat..

I had this crazy idea to enhance how much better my rammat could stick if I used a blowdryer.. I know it doesnt require heat but I have no problem using one if it could show results.. what do you guys think?
Old 04-09-2003
Ed
Registered!!

Ed will become famous soon enoughEd will become famous soon enough
yeah, especially in this coler weather, warming with a heat gun or hair dryer can help a loy with flexibility and adhesion
Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

syndrome is an unknown quantity at this point
How exactly do you use it right? Heat down the panels with it or spread the mat then heat up the aluminum siding of it before you roll it on tight?.. or both?
Old 04-10-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
i would just heat the fatmat/raamat/etc. good first, then apply it. heating metal would help but not worth your time.

on a side note, i put my fatmat on in sub freezing weather (in doors and trunk), and most of it stayed on fine. however, some pieces in the trunk did fall off and had to be reapplyed, so i would recommend it for the trunk (or waiting a few more weeks till summer).
Old 04-10-2003
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
i put mine on in 10 degree weather... i have access to a friend's car/truck accessory shop though, so i got to pull it in a bay, and put a blower heater (kerosene and electric) to warm up my trunk and he also has gas furnaces in the shop so it kept it pretty warm... but the blower heater would warm it up really quick... just dont get in there as soon as you take the heater off of it... metal gets kinda hot with 50,000 btu on it for an hour...
Old 04-11-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
heatgun, blowdryer, all teh same thing. Im sure the melting would give it a much better bond on there