I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

pics of my new amps AND sub :)....

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003
that little dude
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
pics of my new amps :)....

got my new amps installed:

Diamond Audio 600.1 600watt monoblock:

Diamond Audio 600.4 600watt 4 channel:

Both amps together:
600.1 and 600.4

these new amps are so big, they almost didn't fit on the back of the backseat.

here is a pic of my old amps, RF 550X and 250M, this pic should give you a good idea on how big my new amps are:
550X and 250M

as promised, pics of my new sub, Diamond Audio 12" TDX
TDX #1
TDX #2
TDX #3

Also, here are pics of the amp rack and ground:
Amp Rack #1
Amp Rack #2
Amp Rack #3

Ground #1
Ground #2

hope the pics of the amp rack help you out.
Old 01-27-2003
Registered!!

TOOLOWCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks clean.
Old 01-27-2003
Registered!!

zoooh is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks Nice!

I want to build amp rack similar to yours.... Can you please give me some information on how to do that? I only have single amp now but I want to get another one. With two amp I think it'll be really messy without the amp rack.
Old 01-27-2003
that little dude

[hr]Originally posted by: zoooh
Looks Nice!

I want to build amp rack similar to yours.... Can you please give me some information on how to do that? I only have single amp now but I want to get another one. With two amp I think it'll be really messy without the amp rack.[hr]
its fairly easy to make, i used a 1/2" piece of MDF, but you can easily use plywood. you need a piece that is a bit bigger than the opening of the trunk pass through. i had a friend hold the MDF up against the opening of the pass through from the inside of the trunk, while i traced the opening onto the MDF from the inside. i cut the MDF, and made sure it was proper and would clear the trunk opening. now, you need to drill some holes for the power cable, ground, speaker wires, and rca's, this will depend on where you mount your amp(s) on the board. then carpet the board, i just got some carpet for the local audio shop, and used staples, and that white glue ( elmers? ). now you amp rack should be done, but you need to mount it onto the back seat.
here is problem, you can't just screw the rack on the back of the backseat, because, well, there is just some foam back there, it wont hold. what you need to do, is put some more plywood inside of the seat ( behind the seat cover, just slip it in from the opening of the seat cover ) wedge the plywood inbetween the two bars in the seat, now you have something hard for the amp rack to screw into it.
now run all your wires through the holes in the amp rack, screw the amp rack onto the back seat, screw the amp(s) onto the rack, and wire it up.

it is easy to do, but its a little hard to explain. you should get the general idea though, if not, i can see about taking more pics that might be able to help you out, like a pic of the amp rack with the back seat folded down, so you can see the amp rack more clearly.
Old 01-27-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
looks great man.

I love the chrome! Make sure those don't get jacked!
Old 01-27-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: slick
Looks Nice!

I want to build amp rack similar to yours.... Can you please give me some information on how to do that? I only have single amp now but I want to get another one. With two amp I think it'll be really messy without the amp rack.[hr]
its fairly easy to make, i used a 1/2" piece of MDF, but you can easily use plywood. you need a piece that is a bit bigger than the opening of the trunk pass through. i had a friend hold the MDF up against the opening of the pass through from the inside of the trunk, while i traced the opening onto the MDF from the inside. i cut the MDF, and made sure it was proper and would clear the trunk opening. now, you need to drill some holes for the power cable, ground, speaker wires, and rca's, this will depend on where you mount your amp(s) on the board. then carpet the board, i just got some carpet for the local audio shop, and used staples, and that white glue ( elmers? ). now you amp rack should be done, but you need to mount it onto the back seat.
here is problem, you can't just screw the rack on the back of the backseat, because, well, there is just some foam back there, it wont hold. what you need to do, is put some more plywood inside of the seat ( behind the seat cover, just slip it in from the opening of the seat cover ) wedge the plywood inbetween the two bars in the seat, now you have something hard for the amp rack to screw into it.
now run all your wires through the holes in the amp rack, screw the amp rack onto the back seat, screw the amp(s) onto the rack, and wire it up.

it is easy to do, but its a little hard to explain. you should get the general idea though, if not, i can see about taking more pics that might be able to help you out, like a pic of the amp rack with the back seat folded down, so you can see the amp rack more clearly.[hr]
Thank you so much about the information. !
I am starting get an idea!
I would really appreciate if you can take more pictures of your amp rack and plywood you mentioned.
Old 01-27-2003
Registered!!

Regularjoe is on a distinguished road
Thats pretty much what I did.

Cut the board to fit, drill the holes, carpet it, and then attatch everything.

I drilled holes and used hook & eye fasteners to secure my board. That way I can take it out if need be. Like if I get a flat or something I can move it quickly without tools if need be.

Good luck man.
Old 01-27-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Regularjoe
Thats pretty much what I did.

Cut the board to fit, drill the holes, carpet it, and then attatch everything.

I drilled holes and used hook & eye fasteners to secure my board. That way I can take it out if need be. Like if I get a flat or something I can move it quickly without tools if need be.

Good luck man.[hr]
You got really clean set-up. But wouldn't it overheat amps when you close rear seat? I guess not since you are using the set-up. What are hook and eye fasteners ? I never heard about those....
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

Dimplebutt is an unknown quantity at this point
just out of curiosity where did you ground. pics?
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

BlkCivicAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
thats how mine are mounted too - nice work- clean stuff
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

Regularjoe is on a distinguished road
I have never had any overheating problems .... its about 50/50 if my seat is up or down.

The only thing heat-wise I have ever been concerned about is my HU. Everything runs right against the heating ducts. It was a 4-hour drive this winter to go home .... but I had no issues.

I drilled a hole and put in a good size screw down where the spare tire is. Everything goes to that. Sub amp, highs amp, neons, etc ....
Old 01-28-2003
that little dude

i grounded through the bolt located behind the back seat, the one used to hold the bottom of the back seat in.

i'm at work, when i get home in a couple hours, i'll take some pics of the ground, the amp rack ( as best as i can ), and my new sub
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

i grounded through the bolt located behind the back seat, the one used to hold the bottom of the back seat in.

i'm at work, when i get home in a couple hours, i'll take some pics of the ground, the amp rack ( as best as i can ), and my new sub [hr]
Thank you for the pics!!![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2003
that little dude

i'm at work, when i get home in a couple hours, i'll take some pics of the ground, the amp rack ( as best as i can ), and my new sub [hr]
Thank you for the pics!!![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
hah, no problem. i had my camera so i can take pics of the sub, so i thought i would just take more, wasn't going to hurt me.