I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

What I think about Adire Audio

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003
The LA Clipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
What I think about Adire Audio

I have been having troubles with Adire audio because they have not responded to any of my inquires about my defective sub ever since i sent it in to get repairs atleast 3 weeks ago (I had originally contacting ampman about my problem before x-mas).

This is what I most recently wrote to ampmanaudio.com Billie from ampman has been very helpful, but Adire audio has not replied to ANY of my e-mails even though they had instructed ampman to have me send my subs in...and Billie had asked me to follow up with them and let her know the status and if the are being helpful.

I know that someone will flame me for posting this, but this is my honest situation, and i am tired of hearing all the false hype about Adire's customer service!!!
Check my letter below:

"Hi Billie,

I still have not heard a THING from Adire and I am very bothered by this. I totally REGRET buying the subs from Adire, and I should have waited longer and bought subs made by a more reputable company. They were really helpful in replying to me when I had questions before I purchased the subs, but I feel un-appreciated as a consumer because of their lack of a response to my inquiries after I have had problems with the sub. It has been a really long time since I had originally inquired about what to do about my problem... AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I ATTEMPTED TO FIX THE PROBLEM MYSELF, because I feared that it would take forever to get my subs back. Which is what is happening. This is the worst thing for a consumer; to buy a new product and send then to have to send it in for repairs immediatly after getting it. I honestly WISH that I could just get refunded for all of my subs because I REGRET purchasing products from Adire, no matter what their excuses are.

I have been quite patient with their disregard for me, and I am not usually a patient person. If this was work related i would be calling and e-mailing them at least 3 times a day. I am trying to stay composed, but I have had enough of waiting...and just waiting for a simple response...at least they should have responded to my e-mails asking if they had received the sub. I feel foolish because I fell for all of the hype posted on the internet...about the quality of their subs and their customer service...but I am now seeing that both of these are not quilities purchased by Adire audio. In fact, I can not even tell you how many people have asked about why I had to send my sub back either from in person or people seeing it missing on my webpage. I am pretty sure that no one who has seen my car and asked what happened to my sub in LA will buy Adire subs for sure, and I have defended them up to this point (which I regret!!!)

Sorry for me needing to vent, but I need to. You have been nothing but SUPER and helpful in this situation. I hope you strongly consider the companies that you work with and the quality of their customer service. You are a shining example of the way a person in a customer service field should treat their customers and I am sure that everyone within your company is the same. This e-mail is in no way an attack on ampmanaudio.com, but it is out of dissapointment with Adire audio subwoofers and their customer service. I sincerely hope that you will pass on my displeasure with them to them.

Thanks =o)

Insert my name here

PS: Do I need to start calling them for an answer???"

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-22-2003
Registered!!

SQCivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear about your situation. Adire is typically a pretty stand-up company. Have you been to the AmpMan forums? You may try to air your issues in their forum. Perhaps that will get the attention you need. Although it sucks, I know Adire had a lot going on with their first ever appearance at CES. That could contribute to the lack of response. I have a friend who may be able to help you if you are unsuccessful going the AmpMan forum route. Keep us posted and good luck!
Old 01-22-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
hey whussup fonto, still having troubles and still havnt gotten your subs back huh... hope things work out for you SOON.
Old 01-22-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: SQCivicEX
Sorry to hear about your situation. Adire is typically a pretty stand-up company. Have you been to the AmpMan forums? You may try to air your issues in their forum. Perhaps that will get the attention you need. Although it sucks, I know Adire had a lot going on with their first ever appearance at CES. That could contribute to the lack of response. I have a friend who may be able to help you if you are unsuccessful going the AmpMan forum route. Keep us posted and good luck![hr]
Thanks SQ!! I will stick with going through Ampman for now because Billie has been very helpful. By the way, if I have not mentioned before, the people at ampman have been very responsive I knew about CES, but they got it a week and a half before CES (I think), and they have never replied to anything after either. It is typical business practice to set an e-mail out of office reply when away on business, and I have not received any of these. Maybe I will go on the ampman forums if I don't get a reply soon. Or maybe i will try contacting someone else with the company, because the specific person that I was told to contact (Brian) has not replied to anything.

[hr]hey whussup fonto, still having troubles and still havnt gotten your subs back huh... hope things work out for you SOON. [hr]
Yeah, I hope it works out soon too...I didn't have my Sub for last months meet, and I probably will not have it for this months meet
Hopefully soon [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-22-2003
Registered!!

FaintReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Which subs did you have and what was wrong with them? I purchased a Brahma from ampman in which it had lead slap. I contacted Dan Wiggins directly at adire audio and he sent out a call tag that day to pick up my brahma in which he swapped it out for 3 shivas. I contaced ampman for a refund, but since I waited too long to install the sub to realize it had lead slap, I passed the 30day return policy.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-22-2003
The LA Clipper

Whats up FR, long time no see! Anywayz, I have 4 Shivas (or atleast I would like to have 4). It is not Dan that is not replying to me, it is Brian Bishop. As you can see by my letter I wish that I could return all of them because of this hassle It comes to a point where it doesn't matter how good a sub sounds, especially if you don't have the sub in the first place.

I actually paid the money to send the sub in myself!!! The dust cap was not completely glued to the cone, and every time I pushed down on it it would seprerate more and more. It would just make this scratching/tearing noise when I slightly pushed down on it. I first noticed it when a car audio friend that I have know for a long time was chekin out my subs and I heard it when he pushed down on it. The stupid thing that I did was that i tried to fix it myself with silicon I should have used crazy glue. Anyway, I am just totally bummed right now...I just wanted to with a set-up that no one else in my area has...maybe I should have just bought JLs, IDs, or some Solo Barics...or maybe Audiomobile just to **** 'em off [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-22-2003
Registered!!

Sucks to hear that. I have lost faith in Adire Audio's products as well. I have had excellent customer service though, but I go directly to the source (Dan Wiggins) he's the man and will do anything to help you out. After posting I clicked the link in your sig...4 of them should be crazy loud I went back to Alpine and am picking up a pair of 15" type-r's. They should get pretty loud in my hatch with 500w rms on each.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-22-2003
The LA Clipper

Yeah, if worse comes to worse I will e-mail Dan. 15" Type Rs should get really loud for sure. I noticed with just the 3 Shivas turned up loud that I can see the roof of the car denting a lil (can tell by how it was reflecting the light)...I told this to a guy on a forum who runs Solo Barics and he didn't believe me (which I can understand). Anyway, three Shivas is actually a really good set-up.
I am starting to wonder if Adire Audio is just all internet hype. Not that their subs don't sound good...I just don't know that they are of a good build quality (SQ is nice thought!) Not many people know about them...and the only people who really know about Adire are people who go on internet forums.
Anywayz, FR, you should come to one of our South Cali meets...I am sure that would love to see a hooked-up type S
Old 01-22-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
im sorry to hear about your experiences. ive installed three shiva and three tempests, and ive only had the best of communication and contact with both adire and ampman, whom ive always bought from.

will be 4 shiva installed by mid february, and i dont expect to have a problem with this install, either. I hope that this doesnt put you off adireaudio products, which as far as im concerned are some of the best value that money can buy, if not THE best value.
Old 01-22-2003
The LA Clipper

I'm glad that you gave your input so that there is another opinion of Adire to consider.
Old 01-23-2003
The LA Clipper

I still had not heard anything from Adire as of last night...so I e-mailed Dan...I am SOOOO PISSED off [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-23-2003
The LA Clipper

Update: Ok, this is becoming SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Stupid!!!

I called Ampmanaudio.com and I asked to talk to Billie. I was informed that Billie was no longer with Ampmanaudio.com (I later find out that she was fired!). Anyway, The women that I talked to at ampman could hardly speak English and said that the owner was not in and that she would leave a message for him. I wanted to know whut the f@ck was goin on...so I called Adire, and Dan Wiggins picks up (the CEO of Adire). The conversation I had with him was not all that I expected it would be. I honestly thought he would say "No Problem" and solve all of my problems, but he wasn't like that at all. What he did do was blame Billie, and he said that Billie was fired because she was unreponsive and unhelpful to customers. This was news to me!!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] Billie always returned all of my e-mails within a day and was always very reliable with me...but that was the reason why she was fired, which sucks because this was not true as far as i could see! Dan goes on to blame me not getting a reply from them because they had not been in the office for almost a month, and I should have known that??? He also basically made me feel like I was caught up inbetween the beef between Adire and Ampman audio...I was like to him, "hey, I am the consumer. I don't need to be caught up in all of this. i just want my sub back". he just kept on going about how I should contact ampman, and that how is Adire even supposed to know who I am and that was the reason that I should go through ampman (even though Billie had sent me an e-mail that was CCed to Brian to send him the sub and follow up with him!?!?!?!?!) He said I should only contact them in a last resort senario!!! The person I had been in contact with had just been fired...this is a last resort situation!!!!
Talking to Dan on the phone is just like reading his posts on the internet, he can argue with the best of them [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] It really made me question all of the things that I have ever read written by him!!! He was like a good lawyer who could get the most guilty of criminals of off the hook. But I am a customer, and I bought 4 of your product, so why are you trying to blame me for calling you about your poorly produced product, especially when my contact at you distributor has been fired and she had told me to contact you in the first place! All he kept saying is that you need to resolve this situation through ampman audio and come to us as a last resort...but I did do that I told him, and I was doing that now!!! I followed everything that they asked me to do to a T! They had told me to contact you (Brian) once I sent my sub in and Adire was the one that never replied. Dan claimed that I should have received automated replies from Brian saying that he was not in the office, but I never did...would I have kept on e-mailing if I had? Who do I beleive, the person who was fired that was friendly and replied to all of my e-mails, or the guy that puts me into the fued between he and another company (and Adire who has not returned any e-mails).
The thing that I thought was the funniest was that he was saying that they do not have enough time to respond to everyone's problems with their subs!!!! This is funny because he is on every frekin audio internet chat board preaching to everyone about the quality of his subs and what he knows about audio like he is a god, but his company can not reply to an e-mail about a problem sub????
Another thing he said too was that Brian was basically too high of a person within the company to be refered to as a contact regarding my sub...well, first off all I didn't make that referal, I only followed it. Secound of all, when I called your companies phone number Dan answered the damn phone!!!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] Brian is too important to be replying to e-mails from me, but Dan is answering phones??? It sounds like maybe you only have 4 people working for your company!!!!!!

I am so fed up with all of this and I am sorry for taking up this bandwith to vent, but at a certain point the truth needs to come out.

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-23-2003
The Standard One

ya they sound very unproffessional. i say report them to BBB
Old 01-23-2003
The LA Clipper

That is what my girls says...but I don't know if it has reached that point Yet, but it will soon. Honestly, if I would have waited until now to buy my subs I could have saved up enough to buy the IDMax version 3s.

Another thing I feel to is that once my sub is in the mail I should give Dan the opportunity to respond to these critizisms. I don't want to give someone a bad reputation on this board with out giving them an oppurtunity to speak on the topic. Maybe when I know that I am getting my sub I will e-mail him the link of my critizism so that he can potentially defend Adire's business practices, or is this just a horrible idea? I don't want to affect a person/company's livelyhood, especially in this time with our economy, without them being able to defend themsleves. But whatever happened to customer service, and that the customer is always right???

Anywayz
Old 01-23-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
bah, we have enough civic drivers out there with shivas anyways. who wants to see another 7th gen with em seriously [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

fonto, if yoru looking for an out, talk to ludlamtheory. might be interested in yoru three working shiva if you wanna clean start......
Old 01-23-2003
The LA Clipper

[hr]Originally posted by: WhiteRabbit
bah, we have enough civic drivers out there with shivas anyways. who wants to see another 7th gen with em seriously [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

fonto, if yoru looking for an out, talk to ludlamtheory. might be interested in yoru three working shiva if you wanna clean start......[hr]
Yeah, I dunno if he would be interested, but if you are Ludlam, I would consider it. I have hardly used them...the only thing is that I soldered speaker wire to the terminals, and since I am not the best solderer I would have a hard time unsoldering them...unless I just left the speaker wire connected. I am willing to discuss a price...and then i can just roll with one until I figure out what i want next.
Old 01-23-2003
The Standard One

ya i noticed customer service has gone the drain... my mom owned a store and i was always taught the customer is always right... now only like 1 out of 5 companies believe in this..
Old 01-23-2003
The LA Clipper

[hr]Originally posted by: VNlilMAN
ya i noticed customer service has gone the drain... my mom owned a store and i was always taught the customer is always right... now only like 1 out of 5 companies believe in this..[hr]
Yes, it has! Hell, Dan said he would call me back before the end of the day today to let me know what is gonna happen and he never did. He is probably mad over the last e-mail that I sent to Billie (the first e-mail of this thread). I just talked to the owner of ampman though (Damn, it is like 10 on the east coast and he is still there) and he said that I should have my sub by next friday (he said that he spoke to Dan)...but seeing is beleiving, and i have heard enough BS so far I need a [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] or two
Old 01-24-2003
Registered!!

Cyko is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn.... that seriously sux! Hmm..... I was gonna buy some shivas but I'm reconsidering now......
I heard one and it sounded awesome, but if I'm gonna get bs if a cheaply build sub commits suicide
screw that!
Old 01-24-2003
The LA Clipper

Well, when i talked to the owner of ampman last night he said it was completely Ampman's fault (More specificly Billie)...I didn't see how that was since she always replied to me, but just wanted to let you know that ampman will be reliable in helping you if you get a messed up sub from them.
Old 01-24-2003
Registered!!

Post at www.teamamp.com It will get Dans attention, and he will get off his *** since he knows it is his reputation over there. Sucks you have to go through this mess...and trust me, as of lately, this is an on going accurance with adire audio

I sold all 3 shivas...I didn't even want to mess with them after seeing the quality of their high end driver (Brahma)
Old 01-24-2003
Registered!!

sham01ski is an unknown quantity at this point
hey everyone just a lil side note.. buy **** with amex... when you get shafted like situations like these they come through for you and pay you your money back atleast up to 1500 bucks. that is with a regular amex blue or blue for students card. Platinum members have amex at their service.. they will do anything for you including take defective **** back when you bought it and the retailer will not take it back. amex takes it back and gives you the purchase price back.. good **** huh
just my 2 cents
shamik
Old 01-29-2003
The LA Clipper

I finally got my Shiva!!! Hopefully it works ok.
Old 01-30-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: fonto
I finally got my Shiva!!! Hopefully it works ok.[hr]
WOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 02-18-2003
The LA Clipper

Ampman no longer carries Adire audio? I would be curious to see who severed the relationship?

Ampman link

I think that I have a better idea of what happened then most people who are discussing it on other boards...and I think my previous posts on my problems are a good indication of what happened. I have also noticed that their were people with similiar problems and complaints to mine.

I have also seen a lot of people defending and siding with Adire, and I just want to say that Ampman ALWAYS returned my e-mails and phone calls when I had my problem. I can not say that about Adire. It is just unfortunate that the most helpful person from Ampman was the person to get let go [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Anywayz, don't believe everything that you read on the internet [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2003
The Standard One

look what you did fonto [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2003
The LA Clipper

I didn't do nothin [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] I have read a lot of stuff defending Adire or saying "no comment", mostly by people affiliated with Adire. I actually also read a post by someone who is somehow affiliated with ampman saying that it is becuase of the high defect rate and bad packaging of their products. For me it is 50/50, 2 good and 2 bad...however the guy who posted said 7 out of 10, which seems mighty high to me.

It is really hard to beleive that ampman would give up on Adire because their products are prolly some of the most popular stuff that they sell...but I think they still sell Arc, CDT, and Rainbow....so they should be fine.