I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Headunit mounting bracket needed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
Headunit mounting bracket needed?

I've heard some people say we don't need one, so what i'd like to know is what model headunits will actually FIT when just removing the old one? I have that hidden compartment door and would really like to keep it [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] IDQcivic, which model do you have? if anyone has done this, please reply!
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

DizWikedCivic is on a distinguished road
u dont need one for every model but there like a gap between the headunit, with the mounting bracket is just make it make it look better
Old 12-23-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
yeah, I just want to know what model headunits people have successfully done this with... anyone?
Old 12-23-2002
The Greatest

Fern is an unknown quantity at this point
since the headunit(stock) is curved on the right side, wouldnt you need some sort of bracket, at least the outter plastic part, or there would probably be an odd looking gap there, i dont think any aftermarket units have a similar odd shape, why honda would make it that way is beyond me. I'm getting my new Kenwood deck put in on saturday with some other stuff. Hopefully they'll have the right kit and everything so I can keep the storage bin underneith because in my brother's old accord they took the bin/door out and replaced it with black "blank" that didnt open so he lost the storage area.
Old 12-23-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
All single din sized HUs will fit without any type of bracket. However, there isn't a hu on the market that has an outside perimeter shaped like the oe hu. So, you'll end up with a gap around the outside of the HU and it will look like poopoo imo. You will need a HU kit. You can buy kits that replace the entire area including the pocket or a kit that allows you to keep the oe pocket w/door.

Below is a link to the kit that allows you to keep the oe pocket w/door.

Let's you keep oe pocket!