I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Custom Box Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002
JJF
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJF is an unknown quantity at this point
Custom Box Question

For those of you that mounted your subs facing up from the spare tire well...how does it sound? I had mine facing into the passenger compartment of the car but it sounded hollow, so now i want to build a new box. Does the trunk rattle more with the subs mounted this way? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 12-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tbone323 is an unknown quantity at this point
mine face back..its always louder if they face back!! I have had them face up before and it's not as loud. I didn't, however have them mounted in the tire well so that may change it SLightly. Facing any direction BUT torwards the front, will increase the truck rattle due to the air pressure exerted on the trunk by the subs.

Old 12-03-2002
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
always louder facing back tbone? and you claim to work in the car audio field? cmon now.. you should know that every single trunk in the world is differnt... sond doesnt bounce perfectly either... one position may be louder at different frequencies than others... its something you have to experiment with

as with your question Mr. JJF, mine face up, and they sound fine... i kinda rigged my car not to rattle without any sound dampening anyways so i couldn't tell ya if it rattles more.. theoretically it should since its pointing straight up, but if i get rattle? hey, i just turn it up loud enough so i dont hear the rattle