I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

sony xplode black panel displays.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002
JDM wannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nme3 is an unknown quantity at this point
sony xplode black panel displays.

anyone have opinions on these? i have around 450 - 550 canadian (280 - 350 american) to spend on a headunit and in terms of sound quality i know these arent the best but they do look cool [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

anyways anyone have recommendations?
Old 12-01-2002
Registered!!

Litespeed is an unknown quantity at this point
I would suggest not to get that. That panel folds down with another screen on the opposite side of that face. At the angle that are dash is at where our HU's are located... you'll have a difficult time reading that display and pressing the buttons. I recommend taking a look at some Alpines and Kenwood excelons.
Old 12-01-2002
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Yeah you might have trouble seeing the controls side the way the deck sits high in the dash. They are pretty sweet looking though.
Old 12-01-2002
Registered!!

Toca is an unknown quantity at this point
I have it ands its alright i wish it did a complete flip instead the buttons are at an agle and it kinda sucks. It has PMS sometimes and likes to mute itself... But i'm changing my speakers and i'll see if it helps any maybe there is too much power or something. I only paid $150 US so i got it cheap otherwise i don't think you should get it. My friend had the pioner deh-mp8400 or someting like that its realllly nice kinda expensive though.