I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Audio Set-up

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Validus is an unknown quantity at this point
Audio Set-up

I have 2k2 civic coupe and I'm looking for the best audio I can set up in my car at the cheapest price.. I have a small budget. I've already replaced the 6-1/2's and the 6x9s with Infinities and the head unit iwht a 50Wx4 Alpine. Any recommendations for amps or subs or new tweeters? Im looking for SQ above all else. Thanks

Old 11-20-2002
Registered!!

Litespeed is an unknown quantity at this point
It's always hard to help other people with stereo equipment. The best thing to do would be to go out to several car audio stores and listen to what they have and see what you like best. What sounds good to say me, may not sound good to you. So my recommendation is to make visits to as many car audio stores and listen to as many different brands as you can. Once you get an idea of what you like, find the best deal on it that you can, whether is at a store you've visted or online. I think that would be the best approach.
Old 11-22-2002
Registered!!

custom2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone is going to tell you something different because everyone has their brand preference. If your looking for sound quality tho I would recommend 1-2 10" subs in a sealed box. When you choose a sub there are normally a couple of different box sizes that they recommend for it. Don't buy a prefab box, build one to the spec of the sub for sound quality. Also when looking for an amp dont be fooled by the wattage of the box. The 1000 watt Boss amp for $99 is only 1000 watts when struck by lightning. If your working with a limited budget then check around at the chain store like Circuit City where most of the time they have buy one get one free subs. Most big stores like that will also let you exchange the subs if you don't like them, unlike some small shops. Just remember the subs will sound totally different once they are in your car. Never go by the way they sound on a sales floor.