I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

what 12 should i get

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002
Ben
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ben is an unknown quantity at this point
what 12 should i get

price doesn't matter ... would like a sql i think .. maybe just spl. i'm used to my 15's but now i can only have one 12in a small sealed enclosure. so anyways what should i get.

thining about ... audiomobile,IDMAX,SHIVA..... not sure what else

no crutchfield brands please [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-18-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
w7 =D
DD9512
if your looking for CRAZY showstyle, RE12XXX
RE12HC
shiva is ok, but your not getting any spl at all.
idmax version 3

brahma gets you just spl
orion HCCA will get you spl with far less power
can expect the PG elite Ti to be as efficient as the brahma (NEED killowatt or more to be happy)

if it were ->ME<- in your position, i would go either w7, 9515, 12xxx

w7 if i wanted ***** out spl with incredible SQ
9512 if i wanted to show my DD pride have crazy spl with TONS of power and see if i couldnt get any SQ
and 12xxx if i wanted to turn heads. for sure a woofer to get for its "holy ****!!!!" factor [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-18-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
HOLY ****!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

Litespeed is an unknown quantity at this point
12W7... I don't think you'll be disappointed. But I'm a huge JL fan so I could be biased. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

If price is no problem I would go 13W7.
Old 11-19-2002
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
I heard several 13W7s this weekend at an autoshow...and i agree, you will not be dissapointed. Also, the Image Dynamic subs I heard were nice, but I am not sure which ones they were ( maybe ID Max). The worst Subs I heard at the show were Perfects (which I currently own [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]) and Polk Momos!! Both were in factory sposored cars and they both sounded horrible (mainly because of car rattles)??!! I have Shiva's on the way...I can let you know how those sound in a few weeks.
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
I say get an IDMAX12 or even 2 of them, thats my dream setup, but they are like $400 each. Check out this movie of one moving, look how much the cone moves, its incredible....

IDMAX12 MOVIE
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

come to CAF chat, IDQ, talk to the channel owner there. he might be able to help you out a little with your dream system, maybe knock 50-100 off that price or so.....
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
well a 12W7 will give you the best SQL[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] the 9512 needs a fair big of airspace but utterly slams and sounds good doing it.

the IDMAX is like half a step behind the W7 except in price

the RE subs never model up half decent using modelling programs..haven't actually heard one though,

Memphis LVS would also be a real good choicem along with the Eclipse 88120 titanium,

Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

buddy has an RE12HC, uses it for home theater. models up wonderfully, and is of home audio quality bass. (he is a HARD HARD core audiophile, too)

never modeled the XXX, but like i said, its more for the holy **** factor [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

he pisses ppl off 2 floors below him in his concrete dorm building, too [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

that's *almost* as bad as me with the 2 15" Eclipse 8700's in my house..I had a girl 11 houses down call the cops on me in the middle of a saturday afternoon....I was watching U-571 at a really high volume
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Go for the W7....give it some power and you will be extremely pleased with the "SQL" as well as SPL. Incredible subs.
Old 11-19-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
i say brahmas, cheaper then W7s yet double the power. 1600wrms
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

brahmas sound terrible. they have great numbers on paper, but the efficiency is garbage, and they sound sloppy ported, and like junk sealed.

just an opinion tho...
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

The brahma's accoring to many SQ competitors sound quite good...they really shine in small ported enclosures..but won't handle much power in small ported one's.....they do severely lack effciency though....the W7 or an Eclipse ti is the way to go IMO
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

BlackSI is an unknown quantity at this point
13w7.i heard one in an integra the other day-it is insane
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

chefjnr is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the kicker 12" solobaric L7's, you can get two of them on ebay with a box for around $550.00, given the right power they thump, I've got mine hooked up to 2 banded kx1200 amps and they totally kickass