I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Help me out on this sytem match up...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scrible is an unknown quantity at this point
Help me out on this sytem match up...

Ok Hope you don't mind me askin some questions about my S-10... Even though I do own a 2000 civic ex, Well Anyways if yall dont mind here it goes:

Ok this system is going into my, Single Cab 1995 S-10.

I Just got a sponsorship from Audiobahn so all my stuff has to be Audiobahn (except the H/U)

First off, I am gonna put 2 Layers of RAAMat60 throught the whole cab of the truck, DynaLiner under the hood, and Dynamat speaker kits on each side.
Going to put Foam Speaker Baffles for the 6.5" Speakers in the doors and the 4x6" Speakers on the dash, Also using a Scosche 4x6" to 4" adapter for the dash speakers so that I can use 4" speakers instead of 4x6"s

Ok my system:

Headunit: Alpine CDA-7894

Dash Speakers: Audiobahn ABC4002Q, 4" Carbon Component System [120w RMS]
Amp:

Kick Panel Speakers: Audiobahn ABC6002Q, 6.5" Carbon Component System [200w RMS]
- Putting them into Q-Logic Kick Panels
Amp:

Subwoofers: (2) Audiobahn ALUM12Q, 12" Subwoofer [1000w RMS]
Amp:
Box: (Length)34.00" x (Bottom Depth)8.00" x (Top Depth)5.88" x (Height)14.00"
- .77cu ft Air Space for each speaker, (Sealed)

OK Im going all out SQ and I gotta use audiobahn amps, And all of this has to fit in a std cab s-10.. So my question is what amps should I use to power all of this? I want to break my system up using 3 amps... 1 for the dash speakers, 1 for the kick panel speakers, 1 for the subs using all of my H/U's pre-outs.. ALSO an option I thought about was I saw a 6.5" Midbass Raw Driver and I thought about putting this in the factory door holes of my truck since I wont be using them.. Also buying 2 10" Horn tweeters and running them off of My H/U's regular outputs and mounting them under my seat to give it a little bit of high balance... that leaves me with 2 channels left on my H/u's regular output.. so If I was to go with midbass drivers in my doors what would I power them with? Help me please [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-12-2002
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
amp for midbass fo sho... low frequencies take much more power to reproduce to the human ear than high frequencies
Old 11-12-2002
Registered!!

Regularjoe is on a distinguished road
Heres an idea .... and what I did in my truck that I used to have.

For the front I did just what your thinking. Components in the door off an amp. The doors need tons of power to keep up w/ the rest of the system. They have to really fight from such a low level to be heard. I didn't have front dash speakers, but if I did I'd think off deck power would be good. They are high up and shouldn't need much power.

For the rear take a look at a typical prefab truck boxs and take it a step farther. I made custom boxes just like those but with a real quality 12" sub and 4" Components on the top. Of course the components were sealed off in a separate little chamber up top so they didn't get blown out of the box. Sealed ... no porting for the subs. Two sets of speaker terminals, one for the sub, and one for the components. I ran the subs off a good monoblock and the components off deck power. Being so close to your head they needed barely any power.

Hope that helps.

Damn I wish I had pics of that setup. My brother later retrofitted the boxes with 4-10's instead of 2 12's. Man did that pound.
Old 11-12-2002
Registered!!

scrible is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I want a 3-amp setup,

run 4 10" horn tweeters off of the head unit outputs and mount them under my seats
2-ch amp for the 4" dash components (front amp output)
4-ch amp for the 6.5" kick panel components, and the 6.5" door midbass drivers (rear amp output)
Mono amp for the subs (subwoofer output)

tell me how that sounds, or should i go with a 4ch amp in front to and add some more midbass?
Old 11-12-2002
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Scrible, your the one sponsored by audiobahn...you should be telling most of us whats the best way to set up a system [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

I don't remember too well, but 8 years ago when i was sponsored for skateboarding I don't remember having to ask anyone how to do a kickflip (or even a switchstance 360 kickflip for that matter).

Congrats on the sponsorship Audiobahn makes some nice looking stuff, I am sure that your install will look cool!
Old 11-12-2002
Registered!!

mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Uncomplicate your system!!

No dash speakers..no horns...it will cause excessive cancellation and probbaly won't sound too great..

Just go for some good 6.5 or 8" Midbass drivers in the doors..give each side a good 150Wrms+

get 5.25" Components and mount them in the Q logics(won't fit 6.5's)..sound deaden the Kickpods with 2 or 3 layers of raam60

Deaden all the plastic as well..Are they paying for equipment only ..or install as well...??
Old 11-12-2002
Registered!!

Subrage is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: mohawkboom
Uncomplicate your system!!

No dash speakers..no horns...it will cause excessive cancellation and probbaly won't sound too great..

Just go for some good 6.5 or 8" Midbass drivers in the doors..give each side a good 150Wrms+

get 5.25" Components and mount them in the Q logics(won't fit 6.5's)..sound deaden the Kickpods with 2 or 3 layers of raam60

Deaden all the plastic as well..Are they paying for equipment only ..or install as well...??[hr]
agreed

also run like 3 8's instead of 12's for SQ
Old 11-13-2002
Registered!!

Regularjoe is on a distinguished road
I agree . .... how did u end up getting sponsored ????

As far as the horns, what are you trying to accomplish w/ them being under the seat? Thats totally the wrong place for them IMO.

Just 1 set of good components set up correctly is better that 2 sets and 4 horns crammed in .... thats is going to majorly throw off the imaging I would think. Not good when your trying to do a SQ system.

Personally why not just get the 3-way components off an amp. Midbass driver in the door, with the other driver and tweeter on the dash. Then have the 2-12's behind the seat. Should be nice and sweet.
Old 11-13-2002
Registered!!

mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
that's another option that would work...but is less showy and generally doesn't image as well [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]..

1 amp for the midbass
1 amp for the 2 way compnents
1 amp for the subs..