I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Tweets..... Will they fit ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Tweets..... Will they fit ?

Hey Guys

I have a few quick questions for you guys, and hopefully someone can answer them for me.
I just went out and bought some new Kenwood 5 1/4's components, and I am not sure if the tweets that come with them will fit the stock pods on the doors of my Coupe or not.

As well i am not sure where to mount the Xover for them as I will need access to adjust them but dont want them to be in some place they shouldnt be, any one have and ideas suggestion's ect ......

I think I will try this tonight, or if not I will wait to see what you guys come up with and just my new 6x9's tonight.

Thanks in Advance, I will post pics when I am done.

Later

Crashoveride
Old 10-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SQCivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not entirely familiar with Kenwood components (you didn't give a model number), but I will guess that the tweeters should fit with no issues. If you are in doubt, measure the tweeter. If it is any larger than 1", you may have to get creative.

As for the crossovers, I'm going to assume that you are referring to the passives that came with the set. Your safest bet would be to set them and forget them. Passive crossovers typically don’t offer that great of tuning flexibility where you would need ready access to them. This being the case, you could mount them just about anywhere. Typical mounting locations for the passives would be under the door panel, under the kick panel running the wires through the factory door grommet, or under the underdash panel with similar wiring to the kick panel location.

Best of luck! Show some pics with the finished product.