I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Front speaker installation complete

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Front speaker installation complete

Well, I finally got my front speakers replaced this weekend. I installed Pioneer TS-A1667 6.5" 3-ways, using the Scosche SS65 spacers from SoundDomain. I got the speakers from Crutchfield, and they included the wiring harnesses and master sheets free of charge. I also installed PAC BB-150A2 bass blockers, as my sub (whenever I get around to it) will be handling the low end. Still, they sound pretty good just running off the Pioneer 6400 head unit.

The first speaker took about and hour and a half, since I was being very (overly) careful and measuring the placement of the spacer ring to get it to line up the foam-lined ring in the door panel. Once I had all that figured out, the passenger side only took about 20 minutes! I did have to apply some electical tape to the door itself - the speaker connectors were just touching the metal and shorting out. Everything fit beautifully, and didn't even need the panel-popper I bought -- the door panel just popped right off. Hint: don't set your door panel pieces on the ground, like I did. I scraped up my driver's door handle a little when I tripped over it. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-05-2002
Registered!!

GoCivicRacerGo is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice work, i scratched up my panels a little when I put them down too.
Old 08-06-2002
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ahh, okay -- that makes me feel better, thanks. I guess changing out speakers in the middle of summer in Texas is really not such a good idea, but at least it's done [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-06-2002
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
I just drilled holes in the metal and installed my Pios without a problem.