I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Need box size info

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002
The LA Clipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Need box size info

I just purchased two 10" Infinity Perfects to replace my Infinity Reference subs and I was curious if I have the right box sizes? I have two of these boxes:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-Va8YuY9t6X1/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=842&I=044T6510SX&o=m&a=0

They are truck boxes, but the take up very little depth and they fit Perfectly in terms of width and height against the back seat (which is why I bought them). Is this box style a bad style to put in a trunk in terms of sound quality and SPL?

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
read the manual for the subs and find what their reccomended sealed volume is..if it matches the box you have good..if th box is slightly larger..even better...if t's a fair bit smaller.. it's bad..
Old 08-03-2002
The LA Clipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Thanks Mohawk! The sub actually was too deep to fit in the box anyway, so I need to get a new one.