I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Do i need an amp

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jerseysurfer23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do i need an amp

whats up guys. im looking to install new speakers... most likely either pioneers in the back n doors or INFINITY REFERENCE speakers... i was wondering if i really need an amp or could i get away with just having my pioneer headunit put out enough power. also it doesnt matter much if i have different types, like the pioneer headunit n changer n then different type of speaker right?? ne sugestions on what speakers have the most range n all that to make my music sound the best!?? thanks
Old 06-20-2002
Registered!!

GoCivicRacerGo is an unknown quantity at this point
You can get away without an amp. But for the best sound you'll want to run a 2 channel amp to components up front and run the backs off the HU. I love my Focal PolyKevlar components, I dunno how much you want to spend, figure $190 for this amp and $250 for Focal Polyglass components, or JL XR components, just my recommendation.
Old 06-20-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
references sound great on deck power, and actually, i would be wary of amping them, as they could get a little bright. but if you like harsh, crisp highs, then there is no reason you shuoldnt get a 40x2 or 50x2 amp to power them.

you will be very satisfied off deck power tho.
Old 06-21-2002
Registered!!

Red2k3Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
but remember jerseysurfer, its not *how* much power your giving them, its the *quality* that the amp is going to enhance, but seriously with those speakers, deck power should be 'aight'

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] smile

eric
Old 06-21-2002
Registered!!

noahnoah is an unknown quantity at this point
jersey it all depends on what your lookin for. Do you just want clearer more detailed music, or do you want your music really screamin. IF your goin for the screamin music I would definitely get an amp for those speakers, preferably a 4-channel amp that will run about 50 watts rms. I think that an amp should be used at least on one of the sets of speakers, though. I believe another member said it, but if you are only going to power on set of speakers; do the components.
Old 06-23-2002
Registered!!

frekyjason2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
get an amp man, cleaner sound, even power distribution. dont half step on you sounds if you are fixing your car up.