I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Pioneer Car stereo

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spaniks is an unknown quantity at this point
Pioneer Car stereo

Im installing A pioneer stereo (DEH-X8500BH) in my 02 civic to replace the factory stereo. It seems like it says in the description of the product I need to buy a special usb cable from them that is like 40 dollars to be able to play my music and charge my phone through the usb port. Has anyone had any experience with this? Do I actually need to buy this cable, or can I just use a regular usb cable to connect my ipod? Thanks for any help.

Here is the link for the cable they say I need.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...Cables/CD-IU51
Old 04-11-2013
Meh...

Hensinger2010 will become famous soon enough
Re: Pioneer Car stereo

the usb is just an option to play, you can use your regualar ipod usb or an 3.5mm auxiliary cord and possibly bluetooth if you pioneer reciever has a mode for it, no wires necessary if you already have the ipod cable, it will also give you the least interference.

"just looked up your actual model of deck it has all 3 options for playing and charging music, just the usb is in the back to youll have to plug in the usb when installing and leave it there unless you want to take your dash apart everytime, wont have the option to switch it back and forth, just depends which is better for you, charging and/or listening to phone or charging and listening to ipod, you can still play either through auxilary and bluetooth but wireless isnt the easy setup for beginners." hope this helped

Last edited by Hensinger2010; 04-11-2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: took the 5 seconds it took to go to crutchfieldand look up the model
Old 04-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

I just got the 9500 and it came with the USB cable. Are you sure one isn't included?
Old 04-12-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TiggerDX
I just got the 9500 and it came with the USB cable. Are you sure one isn't included?
I didnt think it was included because it says in the product description that it is optional. I ordered it off of crutchfield, where did you get yours from?

This is what I ordered:

http://www.crutchfield.ca/Pioneer_DE...130x8500bh.htm
Old 04-12-2013
Meh...

i dont have the deck, i just looked up the specs to help you out, car audio is my forte at this point in my life, picture this, your house comes with plugs in the wall but not cords to your appliances but they offer and will charge you out the *** for a universal cord, you dont need it, you literally have 3 different options to listen to music, auxilary and usb are usually the most direct being on the front of the faceplate but in your case its on the back of the deck, so you wont be able to plug and unplug freely unless you take apart the deck everytime you wanna plug a different cord in and owning a 03 civic, those center consoles can be a pain just to get the deck out, so pick one charger plug it in the back, route it accordingly to plug in your media or phone device and let it be, a usb input is a usb input no special plug needed, just a usb. if you wanna pick the song using your ipod as a remote, use blue tooth if cabable, if you wanna do the same with a cord use an auxilary cord, you need to realize pluging into the usb port will put your device almost in stand by and "bank" alll your songs into the deck and they wont be in the normal order as your ipod, so you would use the cd player to control the song selection instead of your device.
Old 04-12-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spaniks
I didnt think it was included because it says in the product description that it is optional. I ordered it off of crutchfield, where did you get yours from?

This is what I ordered:

http://www.crutchfield.ca/Pioneer_DE...130x8500bh.htm
I got mine through Amazon only because it was $80 cheaper and I didn't need the accessories. I was surprised to find no case for the face plate. Pioneer really dropped the ball there.

According to the US site, this is what is included.

What's in the box?
CD receiver (with 10-amp ATM mini fuse inserted into chassis)
Face (attached)
Sleeve (installed)
Trim ring (installed)
Wiring harness
59" USB extension cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
Wireless remote control (QXE1044)
CR2025 Lithium battery (installed)
Microphone (w/ attached 13' cable termianted by a right-angle 2.5mm connector)
Visor-bracket
Two-sided tape
2 Extraction keys
4 Pan head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
4 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 9mm)
Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
Limited Warranty Information (USA/Canada)
Old 04-12-2013
Meh...

so the usb cord they refer to is just an extension of the plug in the back that you can mouth anywhere to make it more accesible and coveinent to you.
Old 04-12-2013
Registered!!

Thanks for the replies its good to know that I dont have to purchase that cable. It came in the mail today, and it does include the usb extension cable so I wont have to worry about accessing the rear usb port.
Old 04-13-2013
Registered!!

dred is an unknown quantity at this point

I love me pioneer
Old 04-15-2013
Meh...

glad you got it taken care of and understand it .