I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Front Speakers Problem / factory tweeters question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trooth is an unknown quantity at this point
Front Speakers Problem / factory tweeters question

Hi all,

I recently upgraded all my spkrs (03 coupe), and in the front I put some polk db6501 comps in (they sound SWEET, btw). However...the volume in the front is significantly less than in the rear (pioneer 3-ways).

I looked at the specs on both sets of spkrs and they both have the same sensitivity rating (91 db) and so it doesn't make much sense why theres a significant difference in volume. I was thinking that since in the front, the factory tweeters were on a set of wires, and the factory 6.5s on the bottom were on another set of wires, would it be possible to bridge the two sets of wires to boost the signal going to the front speakers? Right now the only set of wires connected to the Polk comps are the ones that were powering the bottom factory woofers. The set of wires that were going to the tweeters are just going un-used. I was thinking that there was just unused signal going to those wires that might be utilized...

THANKS!

also, another random question

the guy that installed the comps mounted the crossover to the bottom of the door, so whenever it rains the crossover is getting wet, and that REAAAALLY bothers me, is there a better way to mount it? Or should I just not worry about the crossover getting wet?

Last edited by trooth; 12-05-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Front Speakers Problem / factory tweeters question

check and make sure the installer put the wires in the rite place he mite have accidentally put the woofer were the tweeter should go and vice versa. you can also adjust your head unit to evean out the sound. im guessing the pioneers use metal tweeters and were made just to be loud the polks use silk dome wich aren't as loud but have a smoother sound not as brite as metal. and running components without an amplifier is just a waste in my opinion get yourself a good amp. as for the crossovers im not sure were else to put them maybe under the dashboard ??? i have all four of my crossovers mounted in my trunk and out of the way.

Last edited by lowlife9; 12-05-2011 at 11:40 PM.