I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

HELP!!! Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttocshere is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP!!! Please

I have a 2001 Civic with electrical problems. A little background. Just a little over a year ago I had the alternator replaced due to failure, about 6 months before that I replaced the O.M.E. battery with a O.M.E. battery. Well today going down the road the radio shut off the gauges stopped working. I go the car home and after work I did a load test on the battery, seemed to be fine. I left the car running after the test.

After about 5 minutes the car started to run very rough and the alternator light and check engine light finally came on. I let the car run till it died. The battery was pretty much stone dead then.

Please tips, hints, and ideas? This is my wife’s car and she really needs it for college.
Old 01-29-2011
Registered!!

ttocshere is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: HELP!!! Please

Anybody have any ideads?
Old 01-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

If it runs out of juice when car is on then you got a defective alternator. It happens. Take it back and ask for a replacement.
Old 01-29-2011
Registered!!

combinatorix has a spectacular aura aboutcombinatorix has a spectacular aura aboutcombinatorix has a spectacular aura about

Well your alternator is not charging your battery or powering your car, I think that narrows it down pretty good.