I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Help installing tail light please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elind22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Help installing tail light please!

I broke my tail light cover on the right side on my 2005 honda civic sedan and i need help fixing it.i have been reading threads all day and figured it out almost.i took the rear bumper off and the old tail light is off.When i try to put the new tail light in, it gets caught on the stupid plastic pegs on the bottom so the screws won't line up with the holes and whnen i try to line up the plastic pegs on the bottom the srews on the top are in the way. Help!!!
Old 07-28-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Help installing tail light please!

Is the gasket good (warped or crushed)? If not, replace it and try again. If that doesn't work, saw the pegs off. Torque on those nuts is 4ft-lbs. Good luck.
Old 07-28-2010
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prodresurgence will become famous soon enough
Re: Help installing tail light please!

make sure your not tightening the screws down until you've started all of them. Also if the tail light broke you may have broken or bent something else that is giving you issues. Pictures are the best way to get help.